Justin Timberlake to Debut 'The 20/20 Experience' Sequel on September 30
After first confirming back in mid-March that he's going to release another album this year, Justin Timberlake now reveals the September 30 release date of "The 20/20 Experience" Part 2, "The 20/20 Experience (2 of 2)". The 32-year-old entertainer made the announcement on his Twitter, Instagram and Facebook accounts via a photo of himself in a recording studio, seated in front of a microphone stand and holding a guitar, with a handwritten board containing his message posted on the mixing console.
The September due date is a couple of months earlier than the initial November release teased by The Roots' drummer Questlove about the pop superstar's intentions to release two albums within a single year. The musician, who worked with Timberlake during his weeklong appearance on "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon", first got wind of the plan and dropped the major spoiler, "20/20 Vol 2 comes out in nov. (10 songs now... 10 songs later = 20 vision," soon after.
"20/20" producer Jerome "J-Roc" Harmon said JT's second 2013 album would feature unreleased materials from the first album released 2 months ago with brand new studio sessions. "Before we came to the 10 [songs on 'The 20/20 Experience'] that he wanted and the two bonus tracks, we had over 30, 40 tracks. So I think he's going to go in, and we're going to take some of the stuff that we've already done, and of course create more music at the same time."
"20/20" Part 2 will come on the heels of a mega-successful part 1, which debuted on the top of the Billboard 200 album chart with almost a million copies sold on its opening week. It dominated the charts for the next two weeks more and continues its hold on the third spot for three straight weeks now.
More Justin Timberlake News
- Silver Sable and Black Cat Movie Rumored to Have Spider-Woman
- Scott Disick Spotted Flirting With Sofia Richie on Yacht in Cannes
- Jaden Smith Accuses Canadian Hotel of Spiking His Food
- Alex Rodriguez Signs Deal With ABC News as Contributor
- Joaquin Phoenix and Diane Kruger Win Best Actor and Actress at Cannes 2017
- Miranda Kerr Marries Snapchat CEO Evan Spiegel in Backyard Ceremony
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'