Honey Boo Boo's Mother Mama June Gets Married to Sugar Bear in 'Redneck' Ceremony
"Here Comes Honey Boo Boo" family celebrated Cinco de Mayo with a wedding. June Shannon, 33, exchanged vows with Mike Thompson a.k.a Sugar Bear, 41, in the backyard of their Georgia home on Sunday, May 5, nine years after they first met in an online chat room.
The longtime couple was joined by their 7-year-old daughter, Alana Thompson, who looked pretty in a pink ruffled dress. The rest of the family, Lauryn "Pumpkin" Shannon, Anna "Chickadee" Shannon and Jessica "Chubbs" Shannon, were there as well to witness the special day.
The mother of four, who just lost over 100 Lbs, wore a camouflage gown with orange-colored accents and her groom donned a matching suit with orange vest. In relevance to the theme, the hired staff was asked to wear full redneck attire in either hot pink or camouflage clothing.
"The day was very special mostly because my girls were able to take part in it," Mama June gushed to PEOPLE. "I felt like it was important for them to see this moment and celebrate my love for Sugar Bear."
The ceremony was followed by a rowdy family barbecue. "My sister baked the cake, and we spent most of the money on barbecue," she continued. "We stayed true to our roots and made the focus on the family and my commitment to Sugar Bear. You can definitely plan an event on a budget!"
Mama June didn't confirm whether it's a wedding or just a recommitment ceremony, but the invites obtained by TMZ said it all. "June Shannon and Mike Thompson have chosen the first day of their new life together," it read. The guests were "invited to share their joy as they exchange marriage vows."
The nuptials was held ahead of the series' return to TLC on July 17. It will mostly likely be taped for an upcoming outing of their reality show as guests were warned that "no cell phones, cameras, or outside video taping will be allowed."
Regardless, a series of pictures from the ceremony have hit the web.
More Here Comes Honey Boo Boo News
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story