Carly Rae Jepsen Debuts 'Tonight I'm Getting Over You' Remix With Nicki Minaj
Canadian recording artist Carly Rae Jepsen has released the remix version of her electro-house track "Tonight I'm Getting Over You", first heard via her 2012 sophomore album "Kiss". The post-break-up anthem gets a quirky new verse from "American Idol" judge Nicki Minaj and easily turns into catchy dance track fit for the summer.
"This is the remix," Minaj proclaims at the start of the four-minute song before calling out Jepsen, who kicks off the jam with "I wanna smash your fears and get drunken off your tears / Don't you share your smile with anyone else but me." Jepsen continues to sing about being tired of her ex-lover's lies before declaring, "No more crying to get me through / I'll keep dancing till the morning with somebody new."
Three quarters into the track, Young Money rapstress Minaj drops her verse with "Tonight I'm gettin' overrrr/Meditate and do my yogarrr," infusing the song with her signature whimsical, cartoonish flair. This new collaboration brings together the two recipients of Billboard's Rising Star award, presented to them at the Women in Music event last year.
Minaj, known for being generous with guest appearances and collaborations on other artists' work, had previously teamed up with Jepsen's fellow Canadian pop superstar Justin Bieber on his hit single "Beauty and a Beat". A couple of months ago, she also helped out rapper French Montana for his single "Freaks" not only in the rhyming chores but also in the raunchy visuals.
More Carly Rae Jepsen News
- 'The Predator' Release Date Pushed Back
- 'Deadpool 2' and 'New Mutants' Get Release Dates
- Video: Kylie Jenner Holding Hands With Travis Scott
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' and Release Date Officially Announced
- Jay-Z Renews Deal With Live Nation
- 'Avatar' Sequels Release Dates Unveiled
- Kourtney Kardashian Goes Undercover as News Reporter and Nobody Recognizes Her
- Carmelo and La La Anthony Put on United Front for Sake of Their Son