Vanessa Hudgens Premieres '$$$ex' Music Video With YLA
Disney-bred star Vanessa Hudgens sheds her innocent image anew and switches to her newfound all-grown-up persona for the new music video for YLA's straightforward song "$$$ex". The 24-year-old entertainer, together with her girl group pals, gets wild in the up-tempo, color-pumped visuals imitating the look and feel of a 90s rave party.
"The video is 90's inspired, gritty, with a vision of crazy lights and colors. It's so different than everything else out there. I love it!" Hudgens raved about the music video she herself directed just three weeks ago in a marathon 12-hour shoot in her best friend Laura New's basement in California. "It's empowering to work with five women who know what they want and go after it. It was such a blast."
Hudgens first released the new dance tune with her L.A.-based group back in March while promoting her flick "Spring Breakers" with Selena Gomez and James Franco. She ably handles the lead vocals on the song and as expected, figures prominently in the two-and-a-half-minute video, being the most recognizable gal in the trendy girl group.
Wearing a midriff-baring black tank top, complete with a thick gold choker and her hair pulled back, Hudgens looks as provocative as she can to match the raunchy lyrics she is singing. "Can't you feel my hot sex," goes the singer/actress as the beats and synths ring in the background.
Vanessa Hudgens' "$$$ex" (feat. YLA) music video
More Vanessa Hudgens News
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video
- Harambe the Gorilla Shooting Sparks Outrage Among Hollywood Stars
- Brooklyn Beckham Flaunting His Abs in This Shirtless Selfie Will Make You Drool
- 'Game of Thrones': George R. R. Martin Reveals Brienne's Backstory