Vampire Weekend Releases Lyric Video for 'Ya Hey'
Vampire Weekend's third album "Modern Vampires of the City" is coming out soon and the New York City rockers have released a lyric video for the track "Ya Hey" to tide fans over from now until their forthcoming new album finally hits the stores. The Ezra Koenig-led indie rock band squanders perfectly good champagne for their new five-minute-plus clip as they reveal the lyrics to their latest song.
As lyrics appear in white letters across the screen, champagne generously pops and flows all throughout the entirety of the video, first from a group of folks dressed in white garb interspersed by a lady and a group of guys spraying the bubbly drink from the rooftops of Manhattan. It's usually a sign of celebration but, from the lyrics and the mood of the clip and how it's used here, speaks of a different purpose.
Somewhat commenting on the clashes between Zionism and Rastafarianism, the Motherland with the Fatherland, the faithless and the zealous ones, the lyrics rest against a heavy drum march beat and the band's blend of pop and rock for a playful new song. "And I can't help but feel that you see the mistakes/ but you let it go," goes the hook.
Vampire Weekend is set to be the musical guest on the May 11 episode of hit weekly comedy show "Saturday Night Live", to be hosted by comedian and "SNL" alum Kristen Wiig. They're also headlining a Barclays Center gig in Brooklyn this summer.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival