'Men in Black 4' in the Works With Oren Uziel as Its Scribe
Sony Pictures has greenlighted a sequel to "Men in Black 3". Hoping that the fourth film will be a box-office success like its predecessor, the studio has hired "Mortal Kombat" screenwriter Oren Uziel to provide the script for "Men in Black 4".
The fourth installment of the "Men in Black" franchise will probably see Agent J and K embarking on a new challenging adventure. It is not clear whether original stars Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones will be back to reprise their respective roles. "MiB 3" stars Josh Brolin and Emma Thompson are not confirmed yet to return to the film either.
Released on May 25 last year, "MiB 3" was a great success by grossing a franchise-best $624 million and receiving positive reviews from critics. Directed by Barry Sonnenfeld, the film not only saw the return of duo Smith and Jones, but also featured Jones' younger version, played by Brolin whose credits include "True Grit" and "Gangster Squad".
Uziel will start penning "MiB 4" as soon as he finishes rewriting another Sony project, "21 Jump Street 2", which was originally written by Jonah Hill and Michael Bacall. The "21 Jump Street" sequel, which is set for a June 6, 2014 release, will probably find Channing Tatum and Hill on college-based assignments. Ice Cube is expected to reprise his role as their boss.
- Bad Blood! Jennifer Aniston and Chelsea Handler Are Feuding
- Amanda Bynes Blacklists Parents as She Relaunches Career
- George Clooney and Amal Are Moving Their Children to L.A. for Safety Reasons
- Hugh Jackman Launches His First Circus in 'The Greatest Showman' Trailer
- Inside J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez's Secret Romantic Proposal in Paris
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism