Lindsay Lohan Returns to Betty Ford Center for Rehab
Lindsay Lohan escaped jail once again. She avoided a potential arrest warrant by entering Betty Ford Center after she previously refused to go to an approved rehab facility in New York and then abruptly left a different rehab center in Los Angeles even before she checked in.
LiLo was sentenced to rehab after pleading no contest to lying-to-cop and reckless-driving charges stemming from a car crash in summer 2012. She was initially set to go to the Seafield Center in Westhampton Beach, New York, but she was allegedly freaked out by its strict rules.
Rumor suggested, with the help of her lawyer Mark Heller, she later decided to complete her court-mandated rehab at Morningside Recovery in Newport Beach, Calif. Again, she fled before checking herself in, this time around reportedly because she's "spooked by the paparazzi."
After the dramatic start that could cause a possible probation violation, she allegedly re-hired lawyer Shawn Holley to negotiate a deal with the Santa Monica City Attorney so that she could begin her 90-day treatment at the Betty Ford Center instead of the two previous places.
It's unclear why LiLo picked the Betty Ford Center, but she has some history there. She checked into Betty Ford Center when she was trying to sober up in 2010, only to end up with her getting into an altercation with a female staffer. The incident led to a criminal investigation and lawsuits.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Mariah Carey Debuts New Song 'Infamous' for 'Empire' Series
- Keanu Reeves Walks Down Brooklyn Bridge With His New Dog in New 'John Wick 2' Pic
- Here's the Real Reason Rob Kardashian Tweeted Kylie Jenner's Number. Does She Deserve It?
- Report: Taylor Swift Is Pursuing Prince Harry After Tom Hiddleston Split
- Margot Robbie in 'Saturday Night Live' Promo: I'm a Felon
- Watch James Corden and Backstreet Boys' Synchronized Dance for 'Everybody (Backstreet's Back)'
- Gal Gadot Flaunts Sexy Body in Skimpy Lingerie in 'Keeping Up with the Joneses' Clip
- 'Empire' 3.03 Preview: Wrong Charge