Aerosmith, New Kids On The Block and More to Perform at Boston Strong Benefit Concert
Boston natives Aerosmith and New Kids On The Block lead some of the city's biggest names in music as they all sign up for the "Boston Strong: An Evening of Support and Celebration" benefit concert slated for May 30 at the TD Garden. They will play for the benefit of The One Fund Boston, set up by Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick and Boston Mayor Thomas Menino to help those affected by the April 15 Boston Marathon bombings.
Joining the Steven Tyler-fronted group and the boyband are of course, rock band Boston, rock quartet Extreme, metal players Godsmack and the legendary James Taylor. Even non-Boston acts like country crooner Jason Aldean and Grammy winning singer Carole King will lend their voices in support while comedians Dane Cook and Steven Wright will also be there to entertain the crowd. Additional performers in the line-up will be announced in the coming weeks.
"Like so many other proud Bostonians who have been extremely generous, we are honored to step up and do our part to help the victims and their families," NKOTB's Donnie Wahlberg said in a press statement. "Hopefully this event will not only raise money, but spirits as well."
Since its inception, One Fund has raised over $28 million for the victims of the tragedy, contributed by both public and corporate donors. Other music superstars like Neil Diamond and Kenny Chesney have likewise come up with their own fund-raising efforts.
- Pixar's Video Reveals Mind-Blowing Hidden Easter Eggs Throughout Their Movies
- Olivia Munn Reportedly Causes a Rift in Aaron Rodgers' Family
- Watch Fifth Harmony and Blake Shelton's Performances at 2017 People's Choice Awards
- Taryn Manning Is Not Leaving 'Orange Is the New Black', Despite Report
- Zayn Malik Shows Off New 'Love' Tattoo Amid Gigi Hadid Engagement Rumors
- Jennifer Lopez Spotted Cozying Up to Drake on Another Date
- Is Jared Leto Returning as Joker in New DC Movie?
- Listen to Big Sean's New Moody Track 'Halfway Off the Balcony'