Aerosmith, New Kids On The Block and More to Perform at Boston Strong Benefit Concert
Boston natives Aerosmith and New Kids On The Block lead some of the city's biggest names in music as they all sign up for the "Boston Strong: An Evening of Support and Celebration" benefit concert slated for May 30 at the TD Garden. They will play for the benefit of The One Fund Boston, set up by Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick and Boston Mayor Thomas Menino to help those affected by the April 15 Boston Marathon bombings.
Joining the Steven Tyler-fronted group and the boyband are of course, rock band Boston, rock quartet Extreme, metal players Godsmack and the legendary James Taylor. Even non-Boston acts like country crooner Jason Aldean and Grammy winning singer Carole King will lend their voices in support while comedians Dane Cook and Steven Wright will also be there to entertain the crowd. Additional performers in the line-up will be announced in the coming weeks.
"Like so many other proud Bostonians who have been extremely generous, we are honored to step up and do our part to help the victims and their families," NKOTB's Donnie Wahlberg said in a press statement. "Hopefully this event will not only raise money, but spirits as well."
Since its inception, One Fund has raised over $28 million for the victims of the tragedy, contributed by both public and corporate donors. Other music superstars like Neil Diamond and Kenny Chesney have likewise come up with their own fund-raising efforts.
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern
- Phoebe Tonkin and Paul Wesley Enjoy Intimate Dinner - Back On?
- 'World War Z 2' Will Likely Reunite David Fincher and Brad Pitt
- Kourtney Kardashian's Looking for 'More Loyal Soulmate' as She's 'So Over' Scott Disick
- Is Meghan Markle Planning to Get Pregnant Before Marrying Prince Harry?
- Hailee Steinfeld, Kelsea Ballerini and Sofia Carson to Perform Britney Spears Medley at RDMA 2017
- Nam Joo Hyuk's Fans Angered by His Relationship With Lee Sung Kyung