Benjamin Bratt Joins 'Despicable Me 2' to Replace Al Pacino
Following the departure of Al Pacino from "Despicable Me 2" due to creative differences, Universal Pictures and Illumination Entertainment have taken quick action to find the new voice actor of villain Eduardo. Best known for his role of Eric Matthews in "Miss Congeniality", Benjamin Bratt is now confirmed nabbing the vacant role.
Bratt will soon re-record the archenemy of Gru before the film's July 2 release. Hence, the Rey Curtis depicter on "Law & Order" is the last addition to the voice cast ensemble, which has included original stars Steve Carell, Kristen Wiig, Miranda Cosgrove and Russell Brand.
The sequel to "Despicable Me" still centers on supervillain Gru, whose life this time is turned upside down when Agent Lucy Wilde of the Anti-Villain League visits him for a purpose. Despite his unwillingness, Gru is assigned to help take down a fellow villain, armed with some cool new cars, gadgets and weapons.
Also starring Ken Jeong and Steve Coogan, "Despicable Me 2" is directed by Pierre Coffin and Chris Renaud, the duo behind the first film. Penned by Ken Daurio and Cinco Paul, the upcoming comedy is slated to be released on July 3 in the United States.
- Taylor Swift Makes Donation to Hospital That Saved Her Godson
- Daniel Radcliffe Eyed for 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child' Movie Trilogy
- Mary J. Blige to Guest Star on 'How to Get Away with Murder'
- Ryan Reynolds Paid 'Deadpool' Screenwriters With His Own Money
- Rob Kardashian Finally Opens Up on Why He Ditched Kim Kardashian's Wedding
- Drake and Rihanna Nuzzling and Holding Hands in Miami
- 'Stranger Things' Officially Renewed for Season 2 - Watch the Teaser Here!
- Chris Stapleton, Carrie Underwood, Keith Urban Lead Nominations for 2016 CMA Awards