Benjamin Bratt Joins 'Despicable Me 2' to Replace Al Pacino
Following the departure of Al Pacino from "Despicable Me 2" due to creative differences, Universal Pictures and Illumination Entertainment have taken quick action to find the new voice actor of villain Eduardo. Best known for his role of Eric Matthews in "Miss Congeniality", Benjamin Bratt is now confirmed nabbing the vacant role.
Bratt will soon re-record the archenemy of Gru before the film's July 2 release. Hence, the Rey Curtis depicter on "Law & Order" is the last addition to the voice cast ensemble, which has included original stars Steve Carell, Kristen Wiig, Miranda Cosgrove and Russell Brand.
The sequel to "Despicable Me" still centers on supervillain Gru, whose life this time is turned upside down when Agent Lucy Wilde of the Anti-Villain League visits him for a purpose. Despite his unwillingness, Gru is assigned to help take down a fellow villain, armed with some cool new cars, gadgets and weapons.
Also starring Ken Jeong and Steve Coogan, "Despicable Me 2" is directed by Pierre Coffin and Chris Renaud, the duo behind the first film. Penned by Ken Daurio and Cinco Paul, the upcoming comedy is slated to be released on July 3 in the United States.
- Corey Gamble Reportedly Cheats on Kris Jenner With Kourtney Kardashian - Is It True?
- She's Scarily Skinny! Janice Dickinson Looks Thinner Amid Health Crisis
- Drake Blocks Ariana Grande and Blake Shelton From Billboard 200's No. 1
- Bella Hadid Flaunts Ample Cleavage in Racy Bikini. See the Pic!
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Cradle Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Baby During Brunch
- Jeff Bridges Joins 'Kingsman: The Golden Circle'
- Demi Lovato Mourning Her Great-Grandma's Death. Read Her Touching Tribute
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Party in Las Vegas, Talk About Wedding Plans