Katy Perry's Dad Calls Daughter 'Devil Child' and Wants People to 'Pray' for Her in Sermons
Katy Perry is labeled as "devil child" by her own father, according to British news outlet The Sun. Parents Keith Perry and Mary Hudson, who are currently touring American churches as guest speakers, also urged people to "pray for Katy" in a string of sermons.
During touring, the pair also reportedly showed a video which depicts the "I Kissed a Girl" singer as a "devil child" who needs "healing." Keith then recalled, "[Church attendees] ask how can I preach if I produce a girl who sang about kissing another girl?"
Keith also told the site that he sometimes shed tears when going to watch his daughter's live performances. He said that he once was among 20,000 people in his daughter's concert. "I'm watching this generation and they were going at it. It almost looked like church," he said.
He expressed his sadness that those people at the concert worshiped Katy instead of God. He added, "I stood there and wept and kept on weeping and weeping. They're loving and worshiping the wrong thing."
Prior to becoming a famous pop singer, Katy was a church singer. Having grown up in a strict Christian household, the ex-wife of Russell Brand clearly had a different mindset from her parents who are both evangelical pastors. "My mind has changed," she told Parade magazine back in 2012.
However, she said that spirituality was still a part of her life. "I don't go to one particular church," she said in an interview last July. "I'm open to the idea. It's just I haven't been able to in the past few years. But you know what? God is still inside of me and I still talk to Him every day."
More Katy Perry News
- Oh Boy! Harry Styles Rocks Three Different Looks for Another Man Magazine
- Taylor Lautner Says Britney Spears Tried to Set Him Up With Her Sister Jamie Lynn
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film