Justin Timberlake to Play Music Producer Neil Bogart in Biopic
Currently busy promoting his new album "The 20/20 Experience", Justin Timberlake has scored his next film project. The "Friends with Benefits" star has signed up to play legendary music business entrepreneur in biopic "Spinning Gold".
Financed by Mark Damon's Foresight Unlimited, the film will be shopped to foreign buyers at the upcoming Cannes Film Market. Damon and Timberlake are also on board as producers along with Laurence Mark, Timothy Scott Bogart and Gary A. Randall.
"Spinning Gold" will tell the rags-to-riches story of a poor kid from Brooklyn who went on to become the man who defined the pop music culture of his time. Bogart, who died at age 39, is credited with discovering, launching and nurturing the careers of a generation of music superstars during the '60s and '70s including Curtis Mayfield, Bill Withers, Gladys Knight, KISS, Parliament, Donna Summer and The Village People among many others.
"Neil Bogart was a fascinating individual whose vision, drive and passion brought us some of the most influential music of our time," Timberlake said. "I am proud to be part of this project to bring this incredible life story to the screen."
The film is set to start shooting in early 2014, but no director has been attached to it. The movie's soundtrack will feature re-imagined version of music that Bogart promoted in his time.
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media