First Footage From 'Ender's Game' Teases Ender's Destiny
Released ahead of the full trailer, the first footage for "Ender's Game" teases Ender Wiggin's destiny. Featuring an introduction from leading actors Asa Butterfield and Harrison Ford, the snippet shows Ford's Colonel Graff and Ben Kingsley's Mazer Rackham foreseeing Ender's future, which sees the young boy as "the finest commander" and "the last" hope of humanity.
Based on Orson Scott Card's novel, "Ender's Game" is set in the near future where a hostile alien race attacks the Earth. Ender Wiggin, a shy, but strategically brilliant boy is chosen to be trained to lead his fellow soldiers into an epic battle that will determine the future of Earth and save the human race.
In an interview at CinemaCon, Ford admitted that he was not familiar with the novel before. "I really came to the project through the script," he said. "Books are books and movies are movies. I think it's a very interesting book and the film, I think, is going to be great."
The "Morning Glory" actor also revealed his favorite part of the script. "I thought it had an interesting moral question behind it, which is articulated in the film and I thought it would really be a good summer movie on top of that," he said.
Despite a veteran in movie industry, Ford said that he enjoyed filming with young cast. "I've worked with young people before. I have had children of my own; I'm familiar with shorter people," he said.
Also starring Abigail Breslin and Hailee Steinfeld, the film will debut its first trailer on May 7 and make its way out into U.S. theaters on November 1.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance