First Footage From 'Ender's Game' Teases Ender's Destiny
Released ahead of the full trailer, the first footage for "Ender's Game" teases Ender Wiggin's destiny. Featuring an introduction from leading actors Asa Butterfield and Harrison Ford, the snippet shows Ford's Colonel Graff and Ben Kingsley's Mazer Rackham foreseeing Ender's future, which sees the young boy as "the finest commander" and "the last" hope of humanity.
Based on Orson Scott Card's novel, "Ender's Game" is set in the near future where a hostile alien race attacks the Earth. Ender Wiggin, a shy, but strategically brilliant boy is chosen to be trained to lead his fellow soldiers into an epic battle that will determine the future of Earth and save the human race.
In an interview at CinemaCon, Ford admitted that he was not familiar with the novel before. "I really came to the project through the script," he said. "Books are books and movies are movies. I think it's a very interesting book and the film, I think, is going to be great."
The "Morning Glory" actor also revealed his favorite part of the script. "I thought it had an interesting moral question behind it, which is articulated in the film and I thought it would really be a good summer movie on top of that," he said.
Despite a veteran in movie industry, Ford said that he enjoyed filming with young cast. "I've worked with young people before. I have had children of my own; I'm familiar with shorter people," he said.
Also starring Abigail Breslin and Hailee Steinfeld, the film will debut its first trailer on May 7 and make its way out into U.S. theaters on November 1.
- Justin Bieber and Skrillex Sued for Allegedly Ripping Off 'Sorry'
- Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin Reach Divorce Settlement
- Nick Jonas Goes Shirtless in First Trailer for Erotic Thriller 'Careful What You Wish For'
- Johnny Depp Releases Statement Following Amber Heard Divorce
- Khloe Kardashian Files for Divorce From Lamar Odom Again
- Jamie Bell in Talks to Be the New James Bond
- First Look at Katherine Waterston's Daniels in 'Alien: Covenant' Image
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Plan $10M Lawsuit to Silence Former Bodyguard