Rolling Stones' Keith Richards Explains Why He Has No Desire to Own iPod
While there are many innovations that make things easier, for Keith Richards, nothing beats the old-fashioned way when it comes to music. Instead of buying iPod, the member of The Rolling Stones sticks to his CDs, records and cassettes to play his favorite music.
"I don't have an iPod...I still use CDs or records actually. Sometimes cassettes. It has much better sound; a much better sound than digital," the 69-year-old rocker says as quoted by Associated Press. He additionally says that people are "all being shortchanged" by the digital sound.
"My old lady's got one. My kids have got them. I say, 'Look me up this.' Or, 'Oh I like that. Check me that,' " the guitarist adds. "I know what these things can do. I'm not totally anti-them."
Though he's not a fan of the modern device, he doesn't completely despise it. In fact, he says he's one of those who has embraced today's digitally-driven industry.
"They're sucked into it and they can't get out of it, nor can we; so is the public," he utters. "There's something missing there, but it's the price of the future I guess."
Richards and his legendary band are kicking off their "50 & Counting Tour" Friday, May 3 in Los Angeles.
- Your Favorite 'Nashville' Stars Are Returning for Season 5. Find Out Which Ones
- Scarlett Johansson Is the Highest-Grossing Actress of All Time
- Real Reason Why Caitlyn Jenner Didn't Attend Khloe Kardashian's Birthday Party Revealed
- Ariel Winter Goes Naked in the Bathtub Days After Breakup
- 'Preacher' Gets Expanded Season 2, '12 Monkeys' Is Renewed for Season 3
- Iggy Azalea Dumped Nick Young After Finding Out He Impregnated His Ex Again
- Kylie Jenner and Blac Chyna's Feud Ends. Stars Become 'Close' Friends Now
- Miles Teller Has Halo Screwed to His Skull in 'Bleed for This' Trailer