Nicki Minaj Calls Mariah Carey 'Insecure' and 'Bitter' on Recent Twitter Rant
Nicki Minaj isn't done feuding with Mariah Carey, as the 30-year-old rapper took to Twitter on Thursday, May 2 to slam the "Hero" singer. This time's war stemmed from last Wednesday's "American Idol", where Minaj interrupted Carey when the latter was criticizing contestant Angie Miller. Carey later said that Minaj never had a number one hit on the Billboard Hot 100.
Celebrity blogger Perez Hilton was also involved in the war by posting an article titled "Mariah Carey BURNS Nicki Minaj on 'Idol'." Minaj tweeted Hilton, saying, "Bwaha! Burn? Shes sad i tied her record for Hot 100 entries in only 3 years of being in the game. Yep, a black female rapper @perezhilton."
Minaj added, "What u SHOULD be doing [wit your messy a**] is asking why a woman SO successful at her age, is still so INSECURE, and bitter @perezhilton." To make things worse, Minaj referred to the rumor that former "American Idol" judge Jennifer Lopez would return to replace Carey.
"All dem #1s but J.Lo phone ringin? Lol. I guess having a personality, being a secure woman and giving genuine critique still trumps that," Minaj continued. Carey hasn't responded to her singing competition judge mate's rant yet.
More Nicki Minaj News
- George and Amal Clooney Reportedly Had a Fight at Cannes
- Johnny Depp Looks Dispirited While Leaving His Hotel in Frankfurt
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Tops Memorial Day Box Office, 'Alice Through the Looking Glass' Bombs
- Kristin Cavallari Will Not Watch 'The Hills' Re-Runs Because It's 'Brutal'
- Kirsten Storms Breaks Silence on Her Temporary 'General Hospital' Leave
- Jesse Eisenberg Confirms He Will Return for 'Justice League'
- Sam Mendes Confirms He Won't Direct the Next James Bond Movie
- Keira Knightley's Acting in 'Begin Again' Gets Criticized by Director