Report: Lindsay Lohan in Jeopardy of Getting Arrested After Refusing to Enter Rehab
Lindsay Lohan may have arrest warrant looming over her. Prosecutors reportedly give the troubled actress 24 hours (ending Friday morning, May 3) to check into rehab as ordered by court, or else they will be forced to seek a warrant for her arrest.
LiLo was originally set to enter the Seafield Center in Westhampton Beach, New York, but she was allegedly freaked out after her father, who once underwent treatment there in his effort to sober up, told her about what living at the facility was like.
"I told her it's like a motel, and you share a room and have a plastic shower curtain. You can't smoke, you can't leave the property. She said, 'What?!' " Michael Lohan told New York Daily News. She then left the city and went to Morningside Recovery in Newport Beach, Calif.
Even with a choice of rehab facility of her own, the delinquent star reportedly only made it to the parking lot. Rumor suggested she did arrive at the Newport Beach facility in a chauffeured car, but she never got out of the vehicle which later left and never came back.
"She was shopping at an electronics store, then she was on the [rehab center] property for a couple minutes but got spooked by the paparazzi," a source claimed. "She was saying, 'I'm not going to rehab. I'm not going to rehab. Take me back to the airport.' "
The DA attorney felt "completely blindsided" by LiLo's decision to check into Morningside, which is actually not licensed to perform residential in-patient rehab. Her father insisted that the actress "had no idea that Morningside wasn't approved" and blamed her lawyer Mark Heller for it.
Michael himself preferred LiLo to go to the Lukens Institute, a "luxury rehab center" in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida. "The Lukens Institute is where she wanted to go all along -- a place she will get the right treatment and finally get better," so he said.
Meanwhile, despite the swirling rumors that LiLo hadn't entered any rehab center, Mark Heller insisted in a court hearing early on Thursday, "My client is ensconced in the bosom of that facility right now." He additionally assured, "She's in rehab right now. Nothing bad is going to happen."
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Kim Kardashian Shares Rare Pics for Saint's 1st Birthday as Kanye West Comes Back Home
- Mariah Carey Suffers Another Nip Slip as She and Bryan Tanaka Cozy Up at NYC Hot Spot
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'