Dwayne Johnson and Mark Wahlberg Team Up for HBO Dramedy Pilot
After a number of feature films, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson may next lead a show on HBO. The Roadblock of "G.I. Joe: Retaliation" is set to star in a half-hour dramedy pilot for the network.
Revolving around the lives of retired athletes living in Miami, the untitled project will reunite Johnson with his "Pain and Gain" co-star Mark Wahlberg. The two are teaming up to executive produce the pilot along with Steve Levinson, who writes the script, Peter Berg, who is on board to direct the pilot, and Dany Garcia.
Should the project get a series order, it will mark Johnson's first small-screen series regular role. He guest starred on "That '70s Show" and "Hannah Montana" among others TV series, and will soon start his hosting gig on TNT's action reality show "The Hero", which will premiere June 6.
On the big screen, he will next be seen in "Fast and Furious 6" as Luke Hobbs. The 41-year-old wrestler, who recently underwent an emergency surgery for three tears in his hernia, is set to reprise his role in "Fast and Furious 7".
More The Rock News
- Watch Fifth Harmony Bring Out Ty Dolla $ign for Mini Concert on 'Today' Show
- Get First Images and Details of 'Cars 3'
- Will There Be More 'Matrix' Movies? Here's What Joel Silver Says
- Topher Grace Marries Fiancee Ashley Hinshaw in Private Ceremony
- 'The Bachelorette' Recap: Proposals and Villain Already in Week 2
- Katy Perry's Twitter Account Is Hacked, Posts Tweet About Taylor Swift
- Why Cyclops Should Be the Leader of the Next 'X-Men' Franchise
- Diplo Reuniting With Justin Bieber and MO for Major Lazer's New Song