Dwayne Johnson and Mark Wahlberg Team Up for HBO Dramedy Pilot
After a number of feature films, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson may next lead a show on HBO. The Roadblock of "G.I. Joe: Retaliation" is set to star in a half-hour dramedy pilot for the network.
Revolving around the lives of retired athletes living in Miami, the untitled project will reunite Johnson with his "Pain and Gain" co-star Mark Wahlberg. The two are teaming up to executive produce the pilot along with Steve Levinson, who writes the script, Peter Berg, who is on board to direct the pilot, and Dany Garcia.
Should the project get a series order, it will mark Johnson's first small-screen series regular role. He guest starred on "That '70s Show" and "Hannah Montana" among others TV series, and will soon start his hosting gig on TNT's action reality show "The Hero", which will premiere June 6.
On the big screen, he will next be seen in "Fast and Furious 6" as Luke Hobbs. The 41-year-old wrestler, who recently underwent an emergency surgery for three tears in his hernia, is set to reprise his role in "Fast and Furious 7".
More The Rock News
- James Corden, Rose Byrne, Daisy Ridley Tapped for Peter Rabbit Movie
- Tom Hanks Crashes Wedding Photo Shoot at Central Park
- Lil Wayne Officiated Same-Sex Wedding in Prison, Found Out Drake Slept With His Girlfriend
- Amy Schumer Snogs Ben Hanisch on Kiss Cam During Mets Game
- Oh Boy! Harry Styles Rocks Three Different Looks for Another Man Magazine
- Taylor Lautner Says Britney Spears Tried to Set Him Up With Her Sister Jamie Lynn
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role