Dwayne Johnson and Mark Wahlberg Team Up for HBO Dramedy Pilot
After a number of feature films, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson may next lead a show on HBO. The Roadblock of "G.I. Joe: Retaliation" is set to star in a half-hour dramedy pilot for the network.
Revolving around the lives of retired athletes living in Miami, the untitled project will reunite Johnson with his "Pain and Gain" co-star Mark Wahlberg. The two are teaming up to executive produce the pilot along with Steve Levinson, who writes the script, Peter Berg, who is on board to direct the pilot, and Dany Garcia.
Should the project get a series order, it will mark Johnson's first small-screen series regular role. He guest starred on "That '70s Show" and "Hannah Montana" among others TV series, and will soon start his hosting gig on TNT's action reality show "The Hero", which will premiere June 6.
On the big screen, he will next be seen in "Fast and Furious 6" as Luke Hobbs. The 41-year-old wrestler, who recently underwent an emergency surgery for three tears in his hernia, is set to reprise his role in "Fast and Furious 7".
More The Rock News
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?