Dwayne Johnson and Mark Wahlberg Team Up for HBO Dramedy Pilot
After a number of feature films, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson may next lead a show on HBO. The Roadblock of "G.I. Joe: Retaliation" is set to star in a half-hour dramedy pilot for the network.
Revolving around the lives of retired athletes living in Miami, the untitled project will reunite Johnson with his "Pain and Gain" co-star Mark Wahlberg. The two are teaming up to executive produce the pilot along with Steve Levinson, who writes the script, Peter Berg, who is on board to direct the pilot, and Dany Garcia.
Should the project get a series order, it will mark Johnson's first small-screen series regular role. He guest starred on "That '70s Show" and "Hannah Montana" among others TV series, and will soon start his hosting gig on TNT's action reality show "The Hero", which will premiere June 6.
On the big screen, he will next be seen in "Fast and Furious 6" as Luke Hobbs. The 41-year-old wrestler, who recently underwent an emergency surgery for three tears in his hernia, is set to reprise his role in "Fast and Furious 7".
More The Rock News
- Kylie Jenner Calls Tyga Her 'Husband' on Snapchat
- Lindsay Lohan Writing Tell-All Book About Her Life
- 'Wreck-It Ralph 2' Gets 2018 Release Date, Hints at Internet Setting
- Rihanna Is Queen of the Universe in 'Sledgehammer' Music Video
- Lady GaGa Responds to Dalai Lama Controversy
- Idris Elba, Michael B. Jordan, John Boyega Join Academy After OscarsSoWhite Backlash
- Louis Tomlinson Files for Joint Custody of His Son With Briana Jungwirth
- Iggy Azalea Addresses Nick Young Baby Rumor, Reveals She Caught Him Cheating on Camera