Dwayne Johnson and Mark Wahlberg Team Up for HBO Dramedy Pilot
After a number of feature films, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson may next lead a show on HBO. The Roadblock of "G.I. Joe: Retaliation" is set to star in a half-hour dramedy pilot for the network.
Revolving around the lives of retired athletes living in Miami, the untitled project will reunite Johnson with his "Pain and Gain" co-star Mark Wahlberg. The two are teaming up to executive produce the pilot along with Steve Levinson, who writes the script, Peter Berg, who is on board to direct the pilot, and Dany Garcia.
Should the project get a series order, it will mark Johnson's first small-screen series regular role. He guest starred on "That '70s Show" and "Hannah Montana" among others TV series, and will soon start his hosting gig on TNT's action reality show "The Hero", which will premiere June 6.
On the big screen, he will next be seen in "Fast and Furious 6" as Luke Hobbs. The 41-year-old wrestler, who recently underwent an emergency surgery for three tears in his hernia, is set to reprise his role in "Fast and Furious 7".
More The Rock News
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7