Leonardo DiCaprio and Tobey Maguire Hit New York for 'The Great Gatsby' Premiere
The New York premiere of Baz Luhrmann's film "The Great Gatsby" was held at Lincoln Center's Avery Fisher Hall on May 1 following the film's cocktail reception held on April 30 by Prada. At the star-studded premiere, co-stars Leonardo DiCaprio and Tobey Maguire radiated their glowing charisma in their tailor-fit suits.
Also hitting the red carpet was leading actresses Carey Mulligan and Isla Fisher. Mulligan opted for a simple yet classy look in a red Lanvin dress with Tiffany and Co. jewels, while Fisher looked adorable in a floral Dolce & Gabbana dress. Jay-Z, who serves as the executive producer of the film's soundtrack, also supported the event.
Later joining the leads were Joel Edgerton, Amitabh Bachchan, Martha Stewart, Florence Welch, Jennifer Morrison and Nina Dobrev. Fashion icon and editor-in-chief of American Vogue Anna Wintour was also in attendance.
Based on F. Scott Fitzgerald's novel, "Great Gatsby" tells the story of Nick Carraway, a young man from Minnesota who moves to New York in the spring of 1922 to learn about the bond business. Chasing his own American dream, Carraway lands next door to a mysterious, party-giving millionaire, Jay Gatsby, and across the bay from his cousin, Daisy, and her blue-blooded husband, Tom Buchanan.
Penned by Luhrmann and Craig Pearce, the vintage-set film is slated to hit U.S. theaters on May 10.
In other news, another song featured in the film's soundtrack has been debuted. Emeli Sande brings Beyonce Knowles's hit single "Crazy in Love" to a whole new level with her jazzy version. The British singer's cover appears along with the rest of the 12 tracks in the album's standard edition and 14 tracks in its deluxe edition, which will be available in stores on May 7.
- Keri Russell and Matthew Rhys Welcome First Child
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West