Janelle Monae Premieres 'Q.U.E.E.N.' Music Video Featuring Erykah Badu
A week after releasing her new single "Q.U.E.E.N." featuring Grammy Award-winning collaborator Erykah Badu, R'n'B/soul singer/songwriter and record producer Janelle Monae premieres its funky music video. The new clip is for the 27-year-old songbird's lead single for her forthcoming sophomore album entitled "The Electric Lady".
The Alan Ferguson-directed visuals takes place in the Living Museum exhibit called "Project Q.U.E.E.N." where, as the narrator introduces, "legendary rebels throughout history have been frozen in suspended animation." Among those trapped in the exhibit for launching a musical weapons program in the 21st century are members of Wonderland and their notorious leader Monae, together with her dangerous accomplice Badu as Badoula Oblongata.
Just like Monae's trademark tuxedo ensemble, most of the clip is done in black-and-white, with Monae's backing ladies crew sporting identical striped outfits. Badu keeps in step with her white avante-garde look complete with gold embellishments and similarly-shaded locks with a matching poodle to boot.
"I just love her. We call each other twins. I talk to her on the phone at least three or four times a week," Monae revealed about her BFF Badu. She was all praises for the neo-soul queen, saying "It was really inspired by our private conversation, dialogue that she and I have and continue to have. ... She's a strong woman, she's an electric lady, she's somebody that I look up to."
- Photos of Topless Maisie Williams Surface Online
- Time Magazine Receives Backlash After Picking Donald Trump as Person of the Year
- Official First Look at Spidey's Web Wings in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Unveiled
- George and Amal Clooney Are 'Living Separate Lives' and Ready for $300 Million Divorce
- Fergie's 'Double Dutchess' Is Coming in January With 3 Music Videos
- Ana and Christian Get Frisky in Eatery in New 'Fifty Shades Darker' Trailer
- NBC's 'Hairspray Live!': How Twitter Reacts
- Jonathan Cheban Calls KimYe Divorce Rumors 'Histerical', Says Couple Is 'in Good Spirits'