Taylor Swift Meets 'New Girl' in First-Look Photo
Taylor Swift will lend her star power to "New Girl" for the show's season 2 finale. First look at her guest appearance on the show has now landed online via Entertainment Weekly, showing her encounter with Zooey Deschanel's Jess.
The country music beauty will cameo as Elaine, a guest at Cece's (Hannah Simone) wedding. Showrunner Liz Meriwether doesn't reveal what brings Swift to Cece and Shivrang's (Satya Bhabha) nuptials, but admits, "I'm a huge fan of her. I was fully geeking out about meeting [Swift]. I didn't go to meet her right away because I kind of had to compose myself - there's a 14-year-old girl inside of me."
Swift herself is apparently a fan of the show as Meriwether recalls, "She was quoting lines to us from the show. It was a really exciting night." Star Jake Johnson says Swift's "very good." He recalls, "She came in and is really nice. It's not an easy scene. There were probably 70 extras there - though I'm sure she performs to so much bigger [crowds] than that on a regular basis. She had, like, a little monologue and delivered it perfectly. Liz gave her alternative jokes and lines, she delivered them all perfectly. It was frustrating!"
Meriwether also has nothing but praises for the "Mean" singer. "She kind of came and nailed it," she enthuses. "We love bringing in guest stars, but we really try to make it feel like they're part of the show and it's not just stunt casting."
The "New Girl" season 2 finale featuring Swift will air May 14. Suspiciously, the episode is titled "Elaine's Big Day" instead of Cece's big day. More photos from the episode have also surfaced, giving a look at Cece in her wedding dress.
- Michelle Rodriguez Threatens to Quit 'Fast and Furious' Franchise Over Its Depiction of Women
- Paris Hilton and Chris Zylka Are Reportedly Getting Engaged Soon
- Missing the Kids, Brad Pitt Urges Angelina Jolie to Have Family Reunion
- Watch Nick Jonas' Calvin Klein-Esque Video for 'Remember I Told You' Ft. Anne-Marie and Mike Posner
- 'The Bachelorette' Recap: Rachel Ends Lee-Kenny Feud, Sends Home Six Guys
- Report: Rob Kardashian Says He Pays All of Blac Chyna's Bills
- 'America's Got Talent' Week 5: Guy Sings Whitney Houston's 'I Have Nothing' Like It's Nothing
- Remy Ma Totally Expects Nicki Minaj's Diss at NBA Awards