'American Idol' Top 4 Performances: Candice Glover Steals the Show
Saved from elimination night on April 25, the four remaining girls were once again competing for the Top 3 spots on "American Idol" show Wednesday, May 1. Mentored by three-time Grammy Award-winning Harry Connick Jr., the "Idol" singers performed two songs each, a 2013 hit and a musical standard.
Opening the first round was Angie Miller. Miller covered Rihanna's "Diamond", which turned out disappointing. "It was bland, it was lackluster. You can do a lot better," said Nicki Minaj. The 19-year-old girl made it up in her second performance with "Someone to Watch Over Me". "You sang it so beautifully," Keith Urban commented.
Amber Holcomb took the stage next with Pink's "Just Give Me a Reason" as her first song. Despite "fantastic" comment from Urban, the three judges thought there was something missing in her performance. The Texas girl later gave her all with her cover of "My Funny Valentine" and got a standing ovation from all judges. "That last half of that song was absolutely unbelievable," Randy Jackson raved.
Coming in as the third contestant was Candice Glover. Sitting in the bottom two last week, Glover proved her amazing vocal talents to the judges with a cover of Bruno Mars' "When I Was Your Man". "Today you gave me every single thing that I was talking about last week," Minaj said and asked fellow judges to give her a standing ovation. Billie Holiday's "You've Changed" was later perfectly delivered by her. "Your voice is spectacular," Mariah Carey said.
Last performer Kree Harrison first sang Carrie Underwood's "See You Again". All judges sang praises for her connection to the song as well as her great vocal. Despite doing "a good job," the judges thought choosing "Stormy Weather" as the second song was a quite daring move for her. "I wish you guys would've paid more attention to the song choice," Minaj said.
The girls concluded the night with a group performance of Little Mix's "Wings".
- Mary J. Blige to Guest Star on 'How to Get Away with Murder'
- Ryan Reynolds Paid 'Deadpool' Screenwriters With His Own Money
- Rob Kardashian Finally Opens Up on Why He Ditched Kim Kardashian's Wedding
- Drake and Rihanna Nuzzling and Holding Hands in Miami
- 'Stranger Things' Officially Renewed for Season 2 - Watch the Teaser Here!
- Chris Stapleton, Carrie Underwood, Keith Urban Lead Nominations for 2016 CMA Awards
- Demi Lovato Surprises Fans as Undercover Lyft Driver and Disses Selena Gomez
- Chris Brown Is Released on $250K Bail, Lawyer Calls Assault Allegations 'Demonstrably False'