First Look at Ben Kingsley as Mazer Rackham in 'Ender's Game'
A first look at Sir Ben Kingsley's character Mazer Rackham in Gavin Hood's upcoming film "Ender's Game" has been unleashed on the web via Entertainment Weekly. The picture shows the British actor's upper half and moko-tattoed face, clearly suggesting that his character is a Maori descent.
In an interview with the site, the Mandarin depicter in "Iron Man 3" described the collaborative process that brings the half-Maori war hero to life as "alchemy." Hood, who serves behind the lens as well as writes the screenplay for the film, was said to play key role in the process besides the make-up and costume team.
"Every gesture in the tattoo carries family history, family struggles - it's your past," Kingsley explained the meaning of the tattoo. "I was so enthralled. He's in quite a contained, stylized uniform but then this wonderful face tells his warrior history."
"Ender's Game" is set in the near future where a hostile alien race attacks the Earth. In preparation for the next attack, Colonel Graff and the International Military are training only the best young children to find the future Mazer. Ender Wiggin, a shy, but strategically brilliant boy is pulled out of his school to join the elite and later to lead his fellow soldiers into an epic battle that will determine the future of Earth and save the human race.
Also starring "Harrison Ford", Hailee Steinfeld and Asa Butterfield, the sci-fi film, which will debut its first trailer on May 7, is set to hit U.S. theaters on November 1.
- Adele Doesn't Care About Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's Split, She Clarifies
- Video: Justin Bieber Gets Into a Fight in German Bar
- Adam Levine and Behati Prinsloo Share First Photo of Baby Dusty Rose
- Ryan Murphy Admits to 'Infighting' on 'Glee' Set and Cast Member Hookups
- Mariah Carey Wears No Underwear in Sheer White Dress During Romantic Getaway With Fiance
- Exes Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Trapped in Elevator for Four Hours. Was It Awkward?
- Mom Material? Katy Perry Bonds With Orlando Bloom's Son Flynn at Shanghai Disneyland
- Listen to 'Trolls' Soundtrack Featuring Justin Timberlake, Gwen Stefani and Ariana Grande