First Look at Ben Kingsley as Mazer Rackham in 'Ender's Game'
A first look at Sir Ben Kingsley's character Mazer Rackham in Gavin Hood's upcoming film "Ender's Game" has been unleashed on the web via Entertainment Weekly. The picture shows the British actor's upper half and moko-tattoed face, clearly suggesting that his character is a Maori descent.
In an interview with the site, the Mandarin depicter in "Iron Man 3" described the collaborative process that brings the half-Maori war hero to life as "alchemy." Hood, who serves behind the lens as well as writes the screenplay for the film, was said to play key role in the process besides the make-up and costume team.
"Every gesture in the tattoo carries family history, family struggles - it's your past," Kingsley explained the meaning of the tattoo. "I was so enthralled. He's in quite a contained, stylized uniform but then this wonderful face tells his warrior history."
"Ender's Game" is set in the near future where a hostile alien race attacks the Earth. In preparation for the next attack, Colonel Graff and the International Military are training only the best young children to find the future Mazer. Ender Wiggin, a shy, but strategically brilliant boy is pulled out of his school to join the elite and later to lead his fellow soldiers into an epic battle that will determine the future of Earth and save the human race.
Also starring "Harrison Ford", Hailee Steinfeld and Asa Butterfield, the sci-fi film, which will debut its first trailer on May 7, is set to hit U.S. theaters on November 1.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie