First Look at Ben Kingsley as Mazer Rackham in 'Ender's Game'
A first look at Sir Ben Kingsley's character Mazer Rackham in Gavin Hood's upcoming film "Ender's Game" has been unleashed on the web via Entertainment Weekly. The picture shows the British actor's upper half and moko-tattoed face, clearly suggesting that his character is a Maori descent.
In an interview with the site, the Mandarin depicter in "Iron Man 3" described the collaborative process that brings the half-Maori war hero to life as "alchemy." Hood, who serves behind the lens as well as writes the screenplay for the film, was said to play key role in the process besides the make-up and costume team.
"Every gesture in the tattoo carries family history, family struggles - it's your past," Kingsley explained the meaning of the tattoo. "I was so enthralled. He's in quite a contained, stylized uniform but then this wonderful face tells his warrior history."
"Ender's Game" is set in the near future where a hostile alien race attacks the Earth. In preparation for the next attack, Colonel Graff and the International Military are training only the best young children to find the future Mazer. Ender Wiggin, a shy, but strategically brilliant boy is pulled out of his school to join the elite and later to lead his fellow soldiers into an epic battle that will determine the future of Earth and save the human race.
Also starring "Harrison Ford", Hailee Steinfeld and Asa Butterfield, the sci-fi film, which will debut its first trailer on May 7, is set to hit U.S. theaters on November 1.
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!