The 2013 Daytime Emmy Nominees: 'Young and the Restless' and 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' Lead the Race
The Academy of Television Arts & Sciences has announced nominations for the 40th Daytime Emmy Awards. Another soap opera dominates the pack this year, with "The Young and the Restless" scoring 23 nods.
Trailing behind the CBS long-running series is "General Hospital" with 19. Both shows are vying for the coveted Outstanding Drama Series title along with "The Bold and the Beautiful", "Days of Our Lives" and "One Life to Live".
PBS' "Sesame Street" and NBC's "Days of our Lives" bag 17 nominations each, while CBS gets more nods through "Bold and the Beautiful" which is recognized in a total of 15 categories.
"Sesame Street" dominates in children program categories and earns another nomination for Kevin Clash, the longtime voice of Elmo, who left the show after hit with an underage sex issue in 2012. Clash is up for Outstanding Performer in a Children's Series this year and has won 23 Daytime Emmys during his stint on the show.
"The Ellen DeGeneres Show", meanwhile, leads the race in talk show categories with 10 nods, including the Outstanding Talk Show which has "Live! With Kelly and Michael", "The Talk" and "The View" as the other contenders. The talk show categories also see the arrival of newcomer "Katie", which scores three nods.
Network wise, CBS leads with a total of 50 nominations, followed by PBS with 44 and ABC with 38.
The 2013 Daytime Emmy Awards will additionally present the Lifetime Achievement Award to game show icons Monty Hall and Bob Stewart. The prizes will be handed out in a ceremony to be held June 16 at the Beverly Hilton, and aired live on HLN.
The full list of nominees can be obtained on the Daytime Emmys official site.
- 'Saturday Night Live' Taps Kristen Stewart as the Next Host
- Armie Hammer Responds to 'Green Lantern Corps' Rumor
- Big Sean Performs 'Bounce Back', Premieres 'Sunday Morning Jetpack' on 'Saturday Night Live'
- Louis Tomlinson Reunites With Briana Jungwirth to Celebrate Their Son's 1st Birthday
- Luke Bryan to Sing National Anthem at Super Bowl
- 'Veronica Mars' Boss Hints at Potential Revival
- Artist of the Week: Kehlani
- Ivanka Trump's Brother-In-Law Joshua Kushner Joined Women's March on Washington