New 'The Wolverine' Trailer Teases Silver Samurai
The new trailer for director James Mangold's upcoming superhero film "The Wolverine" offers fans brief glimpse of the villain that the titular hero will encounter during his trip to Japan. First unveiled at CinemaCon, the video sees Logan retracting his claws when facing off giant Silver Samurai in his steel body armor.
Based on Marvel comic, the action film follows the Wolverine, the most iconic character of the X-Men universe, in modern day Japan. There, samurai steel will clash with adamantium claw as Wolverine confronts a mysterious figure from his past in an epic battle that will leave him forever changed.
Vulnerable for the first time and pushed to his physical and emotional limits, he confronts not only lethal samurai steel but also his inner struggle against his own immortality, emerging more powerful than we have ever seen him before.
The Marvel film sees the return of Australian actor Hugh Jackman, who reprises his title role. Will Yun Lee and Svetlana Khodchenkova are included in the cast ensemble to play villains Silver Samurai and Viper. Brian Tee, Hiroyuki Sanada and Rila Fukushima are also cast for the film, which is penned by Mark Bomback and Christopher McQuarrie.
"The Wolverine" is set to hit U.S. theaters on July 26.
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion
- Is Lindsay Lohan Really Pregnant? See Picture of Her Smoking in Sardinia
- Heath Ledger's Dad Blames Son for His Tragic Death: 'It Was Totally His Fault'
- Spidey's Suit Will Have New Abilities in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Mr. Robot 2.05 Preview: This Is What You Wanted
- JoJo Was Forced to Inject Herself to Lose Weight Fast
- Calvin Harris Is Avoiding Kanye West Collab Amid Taylor Swift Feud
- 'Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life' Gets First Teaser and Premiere Date