Lil Wayne Is 'Fine' After Reportedly Taken to Hospital for Seizure
Lil Wayne has taken to Twitter to inform his fans that he is doing well after allegedly suffering another seizure. "I'm fine. Thank u," he wrote on the social networking site on Wednesday, May 1.
TMZ previously reported that the rapper was taken to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles by his bodyguards after experiencing a single seizure on late Tuesday night. He was released later on Wednesday morning.
Back in March, the rapper gave his fans a scare when he spent six days in ICU after suffering multiple seizures. Exaggerated reports said that he was close to death, but his representative denied the rumor. Wayne tweeted from his hospital room at the time, saying, "I'm good everybody. Thanks for the prayers and love." Several celebrities such as Nicki Minaj, Drake and Birdman stopped by to wish him well.
After he was released from the hospital, he told radio station Power 106's DJ that he was an epileptic and prone to seizures. "This wasn't my first, second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh. I have had a bunch of seizures, you just never hear about them. Y'all just never hear about it. This time it got real bad because I got three of 'em in a row, and on the third one, my heart rate went down to, like, 30 percent. Basically, I could have died soon. That's why it was so serious. The reason being for the seizures is just plain stress, no rest and overworking myself," he said.
More Lil Wayne News
- 'KUWTK' Returns for Another Season as 'Life of Kylie' Ends Up Being a Flop
- 'Downtown Abbey' Movie Is in the Works
- Rob Kardashian Is Lawyering Up Against Blac Chyna
- Angelina Jolie and Charlize Theron Are Feuding Over 'Bride of Frankenstein' Role
- Nick Jonas to Embrace 'Positivity' in His New Album
- 'Glee' Star Charice Pempengco Changes Name to Jake Zyrus. Is She Transitioning?
- Girls Lined Up to Give Tom Cruise Blow Job on Set of 'Risky Business', Co-Star Reveals
- Courtney Stodden Strips Down to Tiny Underwear to Perform Striptease