HBO Renews 'Veep' for Season 3
Still in the mid of its second season, "Veep" has received a new season order. HBO has renewed the comedy series starring Julia Louis-Dreyfus as a vice president for a 10-episode third season, which will air in 2014.
The renewal came after the show hit a season high last Sunday (April 28) with 1.3 million viewers. Reacting to the new season order, Louis-Dreyfus tweeted, "A serious thank u 2 all @VeepHBO - our cast,writers,crew,producers,directors & our fearless, brilliant leader @Aiannucci! Joy!"
"The Newsroom" star Jeff Daniels, who claims he's a fan of "Veep", also wrote on his Twitter, "Congrats to all concerned at #VEEP on yet another well deserved pick up. Sincerely, A Devoted Fan Who Happens To Be On #Newsroom."
Another show which has just received the same good news is "Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown". CNN has announced that the travel and food show will return for a second season.
"In addition to its runaway ratings success, it is also quite the conversation starter, as anyone who follows social media can attest," CNN Worldwide president Jeff Zucker says in a statement. "We are so happy to announce Season 2, and I can assure you that audiences will love what is coming up on the show."
More Veep News
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch
- The Internet Mocks Donald Trump for Sniffling and Drinking a Lot During Presidential Debate
- Listen to DNCE's New Single 'Body Moves'
- New 'Luke Cage' Trailer Reveals Surprise Cameos
- Jessica Simpson's Marriage in Trouble? She and Husband Reportedly 'Fighting Non-Stop' for Months
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Recap: Which Pairs Win Immunity in Face-Off Week?
- Rob Kardashian Tweets Kylie's Number as He Blasts His Family for Snubbing Blac Chyna
- Report: Drake Is Actually Gay and His Rihanna Romance Is Fake