HBO Renews 'Veep' for Season 3
Still in the mid of its second season, "Veep" has received a new season order. HBO has renewed the comedy series starring Julia Louis-Dreyfus as a vice president for a 10-episode third season, which will air in 2014.
The renewal came after the show hit a season high last Sunday (April 28) with 1.3 million viewers. Reacting to the new season order, Louis-Dreyfus tweeted, "A serious thank u 2 all @VeepHBO - our cast,writers,crew,producers,directors & our fearless, brilliant leader @Aiannucci! Joy!"
"The Newsroom" star Jeff Daniels, who claims he's a fan of "Veep", also wrote on his Twitter, "Congrats to all concerned at #VEEP on yet another well deserved pick up. Sincerely, A Devoted Fan Who Happens To Be On #Newsroom."
Another show which has just received the same good news is "Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown". CNN has announced that the travel and food show will return for a second season.
"In addition to its runaway ratings success, it is also quite the conversation starter, as anyone who follows social media can attest," CNN Worldwide president Jeff Zucker says in a statement. "We are so happy to announce Season 2, and I can assure you that audiences will love what is coming up on the show."
More Veep News
- 'True Blood' Alum Stephen Moyer Lands Lead Role on FOX's 'X-Men' Series Pilot
- Mariah Carey's Boobs Almost Spill Out of Her Plunging Dress at Vanity Fair's Oscars Party
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Go for a Date Night in Paris as Bella Hadid Parties Just Blocks Away
- Russell Crowe May Portray Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- Vera Farmiga Set to Star as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Mother in 'Godzilla 2'
- Lorde Teases Upcoming Music With Mysterious Ad
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle