Public Enemy's Chuck D Slams Jay-Z and Kanye West for Use of 'N-Word' in Their Song
Public Enemy's Chuck D is not pleased about how the "n-word" is being used today in contemporary hip-hop and he made it known to all as he wrote openly about it in his Twitter account. The hip-hop pioneer zeroed-in on rap moguls and "Watch the Throne" collaborators Jay-Z and Kanye West, slamming the two superstars' "Ni**as in Paris" as the reason why he was called out as such by a fan when he was in the French capital.
"Standing ovation in Lyon France telling these folks we are African NOT Ngrs In Paris why I gotta travel PlanetEarth cleaning sht from USA?" Chuck D tweeted. He did not take offense to the white fan, but rather blamed the pervasive use of the word in African-American lingo, adding, "He didnt know. Its a language cultural thing where thyv seen black men call themselves that like happy a** slaves for 20yrs."
Chuck D didn't let up in his series of tweets, saying, "Especially when you have mainstream RAP songs basking in it out of context. Sometimes you gotta call time out and demand some respect..," putting some of the blame on record executives for allowing the slavery-connected term to be openly heard. "This aint ever about me, but how about giving the thousands of artists a chance to get heard & bringTheNoise without degrading gimmicks?" he said.
Turns out this was not the first time the Public Enemy star expressed his disdain for "Ni**as in Paris". Last year, he had already spoken about how "hip hop celebrates those who wanna make a killing instead of a living" and how he liked Jay-Z and West but that he was skeptical about their true musical intentions.
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says