James Purefoy Plays Coy on 'The Following' Fiery Season Finale
It was a deadly finale on "The Following" with the fate of at least one key character hanging in the balance. After [SPOILER ALERT!] a showdown between former FBI Agent Ryan Hardy and his nemesis Joe Carroll, the serial killer was engulfed in flames. While reports after the incident confirmed Joe's death, it's still debatable whether the character has really bitten the dust considering the show's main premise.
At TV Academy screening in North Hollywood on Monday, April 29, James Purefoy had to answer the burning question. Asked whether he has signed up to return to season 2, which would reveal his character's fate, he coyly replied, "I believe so, but that's not a guarantee."
The fate of Claire Matthews, who was stabbed by Molly, is also uncertain, but co-star Natalie Zea remained mum when asked about her future on the FOX new hit series. Before the panel, however, the actress talked to The Hollywood Reporter about her ideal death scene, "I don't have to think about it, I know exactly what that would be."
Gushing on the fiery finale, which Kevin Bacon described as being "scary" and "very emotional," the Ryan depicter said, "It's a testament to both of these guys (Williamson and Siega) to create that idea of her being in a box and us with a ticking clock."
Hinting at the second season, executive producer Kevin Williamson said, "Clearly we left some loose ends there [in the finale] that we will have to push forward into a new story." He added, "Whoever we push forward will participate."
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance