Michael Fassbender Attached to Portray 'Macbeth'
German-Irish actor Michael Fassbender has nabbed a role which may require him to practice a Scottish accent in Justin Kurzel's upcoming film. Best known for his role of Magneto in 2011's "X-Men: First Class", Fassbender will portray the titular character in "Macbeth", based on William Shakespeare's tragedy play.
Set in the 11th century, the new adaptation of Shakespeare's classic follows a ruthlessly ambitious Scottish lord named Macbeth. He seizes the throne with the help of his scheming wife and three witches. The film will retain the original setting and dialogue, taking a "visceral approach to the story including significant battle scenes."
The film is currently seeking actress to act alongside Fassbender as Lady Macbeth. Todd Louiso and Jacob Koskoff serve as the scribes for the film, which does not have the start date yet. See-Saw Films will produce the project.
The play has recently been staged in London's West End with James McAvoy playing the lead role. Director Roman Polanski also adapted the famous play in 1971, featuring Jon Finch as Macbeth and Francesca Annis as Lady Macbeth.
Currently working on Marvel's "X-Men: Days of Future Past", Fassbender will next be seen in Lenny Abrahamson's "Frank", Ridley Scott's "The Counselor" and Steve McQueen's "12 Years a Slave". The BAFTA nominee is also attached to star in "Genius" and "Assassin's Creed".
- Cara Delevingne Goes Bottomless to Raise Awareness for Cancer. See the Racy Snap
- Kim and Kourtney Throw Pampering Session for Khloe Kardashian Following Her Second Divorce Filing
- Listen to The Weeknd and Cashmere Cat's 'Wild Love' Collab
- Robert Zemeckis Developing Noah's Ark in Space for NBC
- Kylie Jenner Flashes Her Bra Like Kendall After Denying Boob Job Rumors
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Put Their Wedding on Hold. Find Out Why!
- Usher Releases Two New Tracks Off 'Hard II Love'
- Rihanna Gets the Biggest Gift Ever From Drake in Honor of Her VMAs Win