Michael Fassbender Attached to Portray 'Macbeth'
German-Irish actor Michael Fassbender has nabbed a role which may require him to practice a Scottish accent in Justin Kurzel's upcoming film. Best known for his role of Magneto in 2011's "X-Men: First Class", Fassbender will portray the titular character in "Macbeth", based on William Shakespeare's tragedy play.
Set in the 11th century, the new adaptation of Shakespeare's classic follows a ruthlessly ambitious Scottish lord named Macbeth. He seizes the throne with the help of his scheming wife and three witches. The film will retain the original setting and dialogue, taking a "visceral approach to the story including significant battle scenes."
The film is currently seeking actress to act alongside Fassbender as Lady Macbeth. Todd Louiso and Jacob Koskoff serve as the scribes for the film, which does not have the start date yet. See-Saw Films will produce the project.
The play has recently been staged in London's West End with James McAvoy playing the lead role. Director Roman Polanski also adapted the famous play in 1971, featuring Jon Finch as Macbeth and Francesca Annis as Lady Macbeth.
Currently working on Marvel's "X-Men: Days of Future Past", Fassbender will next be seen in Lenny Abrahamson's "Frank", Ridley Scott's "The Counselor" and Steve McQueen's "12 Years a Slave". The BAFTA nominee is also attached to star in "Genius" and "Assassin's Creed".
- Lindsay Lohan Is Facing Bankruptcy After Failing to Pay Rent on $4.2M London Flat
- Kanye West Shares Emotional Throwback Video of Kim Kardashian on Her 36th Birthday
- Anne Hathaway Admits She Faked Happiness During Her 2013 Oscar Win
- 'Real Housewives of Miami' Star Larsa Splits From Husband Scottie Pippen Amid Future Romance Rumor
- Former Bachelorette Desiree Hartsock Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'