Chelsea Handler Doesn't Want to Have Kids, Explains Why
Chelsea Handler is content with her life now and will not have kids anytime soon. Having a busy career, the 38-year-old comedienne says during a sit-down on "The Conversation with Amanda de Cadenet", "I definitely don't want to have kid. I don't think I'd be a great mother."
She elaborates further, "I don't want to have a kid and have it raised by a nanny. I don't have the time to raise a child. Childhood was heartbreaking enough for anybody. I don't know that I could handle my own child, especially if I had a girl, going through what I went through growing up. Not that it was so traumatic, but in many ways, it was in your own way."
Handler has had an on/off relationship with Andre Balazs over the past few years. "We had some troubles in the beginning because we were both fighting who the other person was. Everything you like about somebody you end up detesting about them," she says.
"Finally, we both calmed down and then we were able to come together in a much different way," Handler adds. "But I'm grateful to be in an adult relationship because I always figured, 'Oh, I'll just have sex with a bunch of guys and have my career.' "
More Chelsea Handler News
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show