Chelsea Handler Doesn't Want to Have Kids, Explains Why
Chelsea Handler is content with her life now and will not have kids anytime soon. Having a busy career, the 38-year-old comedienne says during a sit-down on "The Conversation with Amanda de Cadenet", "I definitely don't want to have kid. I don't think I'd be a great mother."
She elaborates further, "I don't want to have a kid and have it raised by a nanny. I don't have the time to raise a child. Childhood was heartbreaking enough for anybody. I don't know that I could handle my own child, especially if I had a girl, going through what I went through growing up. Not that it was so traumatic, but in many ways, it was in your own way."
Handler has had an on/off relationship with Andre Balazs over the past few years. "We had some troubles in the beginning because we were both fighting who the other person was. Everything you like about somebody you end up detesting about them," she says.
"Finally, we both calmed down and then we were able to come together in a much different way," Handler adds. "But I'm grateful to be in an adult relationship because I always figured, 'Oh, I'll just have sex with a bunch of guys and have my career.' "
- 'The Predator' Release Date Pushed Back
- 'Deadpool 2' and 'New Mutants' Get Release Dates
- Video: Kylie Jenner Holding Hands With Travis Scott
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' and Release Date Officially Announced
- Jay-Z Renews Deal With Live Nation
- 'Avatar' Sequels Release Dates Unveiled
- Kourtney Kardashian Goes Undercover as News Reporter and Nobody Recognizes Her
- Carmelo and La La Anthony Put on United Front for Sake of Their Son