Chelsea Handler Doesn't Want to Have Kids, Explains Why
Chelsea Handler is content with her life now and will not have kids anytime soon. Having a busy career, the 38-year-old comedienne says during a sit-down on "The Conversation with Amanda de Cadenet", "I definitely don't want to have kid. I don't think I'd be a great mother."
She elaborates further, "I don't want to have a kid and have it raised by a nanny. I don't have the time to raise a child. Childhood was heartbreaking enough for anybody. I don't know that I could handle my own child, especially if I had a girl, going through what I went through growing up. Not that it was so traumatic, but in many ways, it was in your own way."
Handler has had an on/off relationship with Andre Balazs over the past few years. "We had some troubles in the beginning because we were both fighting who the other person was. Everything you like about somebody you end up detesting about them," she says.
"Finally, we both calmed down and then we were able to come together in a much different way," Handler adds. "But I'm grateful to be in an adult relationship because I always figured, 'Oh, I'll just have sex with a bunch of guys and have my career.' "
- Usher Releases Two New Tracks Off 'Hard II Love'
- Rihanna Gets the Biggest Gift Ever From Drake in Honor of Her VMAs Win
- First Look at Lumiere, Cogsworth, Gaston and Le Fou in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- Julianne Hough and Derek Hough to Return for 'DWTS' Season 23
- Sam Mendes in Talks to Direct Disney's 'James and the Giant Peach'
- 'Veep' Star Anna Chlumsky Gives Birth to Her Second Child
- Producer Defends Frank Ocean for Self-Releasing 'Blonde' Album, Slams Def Jam
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Give Paparazzi Free Yeezy Sneakers