Chelsea Handler Doesn't Want to Have Kids, Explains Why
Chelsea Handler is content with her life now and will not have kids anytime soon. Having a busy career, the 38-year-old comedienne says during a sit-down on "The Conversation with Amanda de Cadenet", "I definitely don't want to have kid. I don't think I'd be a great mother."
She elaborates further, "I don't want to have a kid and have it raised by a nanny. I don't have the time to raise a child. Childhood was heartbreaking enough for anybody. I don't know that I could handle my own child, especially if I had a girl, going through what I went through growing up. Not that it was so traumatic, but in many ways, it was in your own way."
Handler has had an on/off relationship with Andre Balazs over the past few years. "We had some troubles in the beginning because we were both fighting who the other person was. Everything you like about somebody you end up detesting about them," she says.
"Finally, we both calmed down and then we were able to come together in a much different way," Handler adds. "But I'm grateful to be in an adult relationship because I always figured, 'Oh, I'll just have sex with a bunch of guys and have my career.' "
More Chelsea Handler News
- Lil' Kim Cancels Performance at Essence Festival
- Tyga Romances Blonde Beauty in '1 of 1' Music Video
- David Foster's Daughters: Yolanda Hadid Is Not Dying If She Continues to Be on Reality Show
- Alexander Skarsgard Laughs Off Wedding Plan Rumor
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday
- Keri Russell Reveals Her Baby's Gender and Name
- Debby Ryan Gets Probation After Pleading No Contest to DUI
- Justin Bieber Falls Again on Stage During His Concert