Taylor Swift Pays $17 Million Cash for Rhode Island Mansion
A few weeks after being spotted house-hunting with her parents and brother, Taylor Swift purchased a mansion in Rhode Island. The house was originally listed for $20 million, but the 23-year-old country singer managed to ask the seller to reduce the price to $17.75 million. Swift reportedly wired over the money soon after the deal was reached.
The 11,000 square-feet oceanfront house, which was built in 1930 and designed by Philadelphia architect, boasts 8 bedrooms, 8 fireplaces, 10.5 bathrooms, and a 5-car heated garage. The house also includes an enormous kitchen, a recreation room, several balconies, a 36-foot parlor, and a 45-foot sunroom and a large pool.
Swift is known for having a habit of buying a house near to the house of the boy she likes. She bought a house in Hyannis Port, Massachusetts last August to get close to her then-boyfriend, Conor Kennedy.
"People say that about me, that I apparently buy houses near every boy I like -that's a thing that I apparently do. If I like you I will apparently buy up the real-estate market just to freak you out so you leave me," she told Vanity Fair back in March.
Months after the couple broke up, she sold the house for $5.675 million and she reportedly made a profit of $1 million on the sale. Last December, when Swift was dating One Direction's Harry Styles, she reportedly tried to find a house in England. She later revealed that the report wasn't true.
"People say that I'm buying houses all the time that I'm not buying. It's like every time the press thinks I like a guy they say I am buying a house next to them," she said at that time.
More Taylor Swift News
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media
- Evan Rachel Wood Blasts Media Over Comments About Amber Heard's Bisexuality
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'