Taylor Swift Pays $17 Million Cash for Rhode Island Mansion
A few weeks after being spotted house-hunting with her parents and brother, Taylor Swift purchased a mansion in Rhode Island. The house was originally listed for $20 million, but the 23-year-old country singer managed to ask the seller to reduce the price to $17.75 million. Swift reportedly wired over the money soon after the deal was reached.
The 11,000 square-feet oceanfront house, which was built in 1930 and designed by Philadelphia architect, boasts 8 bedrooms, 8 fireplaces, 10.5 bathrooms, and a 5-car heated garage. The house also includes an enormous kitchen, a recreation room, several balconies, a 36-foot parlor, and a 45-foot sunroom and a large pool.
Swift is known for having a habit of buying a house near to the house of the boy she likes. She bought a house in Hyannis Port, Massachusetts last August to get close to her then-boyfriend, Conor Kennedy.
"People say that about me, that I apparently buy houses near every boy I like -that's a thing that I apparently do. If I like you I will apparently buy up the real-estate market just to freak you out so you leave me," she told Vanity Fair back in March.
Months after the couple broke up, she sold the house for $5.675 million and she reportedly made a profit of $1 million on the sale. Last December, when Swift was dating One Direction's Harry Styles, she reportedly tried to find a house in England. She later revealed that the report wasn't true.
"People say that I'm buying houses all the time that I'm not buying. It's like every time the press thinks I like a guy they say I am buying a house next to them," she said at that time.
More Taylor Swift News
- Seth Rogen's R-Rated Animated Comedy 'Sausage Party' to Join Oscar Race
- Rihanna Regrets Skipping Drake's Party and Letting Taylor Swift Steal the Spotlight
- Olivia Wilde Shares Breastfeeding Photo, Finds New Drinking Buddy in Newborn Daughter
- Twitter Rips Drake for Mocking Kid Cudi's Mental Illness in New Diss Track
- Awkward! Taylor Swift, Katy Perry and Ex John Mayer Attend Drake's Birthday Party
- Is Kendall Jenner Dating Anwar Hadid?
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery