Artist of the Week: Jessica Sanchez
Jessica Sanchez is well known for her commanding voice in the eleventh season of "American Idol". Though falling short of winning the competition, she got signed to major label almost immediately after graduating from the show due to her overwhelming popularity on the singing contest.
Instead of staying where she was well known for during her stint on the show, the 17-year-old singer introduced the other side of her that many haven't witnessed before. She fearlessly stepped up to the plate and made her first move with a dance single called "Tonight" with Ne-Yo as a featured guest.
Despite switching gear, she still managed to show off her vocal chops quite well with the clubby song. " 'Tonight' is a song about people that are usually stressed out, everybody has problems and everything, and 'Tonight' is a song about going out that night and having the best night of your life," she explained.
For those who miss the old Jessica singing big anthems with her diva voice, she offers some ballads in her debut album "Me, You & the Music" that is set to be released in the United States starting April 30. This should place her in the ballpark of "Divas in Training".
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March