Artist of the Week: Jessica Sanchez
Jessica Sanchez is well known for her commanding voice in the eleventh season of "American Idol". Though falling short of winning the competition, she got signed to major label almost immediately after graduating from the show due to her overwhelming popularity on the singing contest.
Instead of staying where she was well known for during her stint on the show, the 17-year-old singer introduced the other side of her that many haven't witnessed before. She fearlessly stepped up to the plate and made her first move with a dance single called "Tonight" with Ne-Yo as a featured guest.
Despite switching gear, she still managed to show off her vocal chops quite well with the clubby song. " 'Tonight' is a song about people that are usually stressed out, everybody has problems and everything, and 'Tonight' is a song about going out that night and having the best night of your life," she explained.
For those who miss the old Jessica singing big anthems with her diva voice, she offers some ballads in her debut album "Me, You & the Music" that is set to be released in the United States starting April 30. This should place her in the ballpark of "Divas in Training".
- 'True Blood' Alum Stephen Moyer Lands Lead Role on FOX's 'X-Men' Series Pilot
- Mariah Carey's Boobs Almost Spill Out of Her Plunging Dress at Vanity Fair's Oscars Party
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Go for a Date Night in Paris as Bella Hadid Parties Just Blocks Away
- Russell Crowe May Portray Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- Vera Farmiga Set to Star as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Mother in 'Godzilla 2'
- Lorde Teases Upcoming Music With Mysterious Ad
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle