Beyonce and Andre 3000 Go 'Back to Black' With Amy Winehouse Cover
After the successive release of singles in "The Great Gatsby" soundtrack album which include Florence and the Machine's "Over the Love" and Lana del Rey's "Young and Beautiful", comes the much-awaited collaboration between executive producer Jay-Z's wife Beyonce Knowles and OutKast's rapper Andre 3000 (Andre Benjamin). Their new duet is a cover of the late Amy Winehouse's "Back to Black".
Mark Ronson, who co-wrote the original for Winehouse, debuted the track last Friday, April 26 on his East Village Radio show. The audio stream arrived over the weekend. "I'm flattered and honored. I know Amy would be too," Ronson remarked about Bey and Andre's cover.
"Back to Black" first appeared on Winehouse's 2006 album of the same title. On the new version, Andre handles the first half of the song, doing more singing than rapping this time, before the Queen Bey takes over the rest of it. The track appears on the deluxe edition of the soundtrack together with Jay-Z's "100$ Bill" and the ten other tracks featured in the album's standard edition.
Rock musician Jack White, who contributes the single "Love Is Blindness" on the soundtrack, is set to release its vinyl edition through his label Third Man Records. The vinyl edition, which comes "housed in glorious gatefold artwork," will contain three tracks more than the 14 tracks featured in the deluxe edition containing works from other top acts such as the Black Eyed Peas' will.i.am and Fergie a.k.a. Stacy Ferguson, Gotye, Emeli Sande, The Band Perry and The xx.
More Beyonce Knowles News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie