Beyonce and Andre 3000 Go 'Back to Black' With Amy Winehouse Cover
After the successive release of singles in "The Great Gatsby" soundtrack album which include Florence and the Machine's "Over the Love" and Lana del Rey's "Young and Beautiful", comes the much-awaited collaboration between executive producer Jay-Z's wife Beyonce Knowles and OutKast's rapper Andre 3000 (Andre Benjamin). Their new duet is a cover of the late Amy Winehouse's "Back to Black".
Mark Ronson, who co-wrote the original for Winehouse, debuted the track last Friday, April 26 on his East Village Radio show. The audio stream arrived over the weekend. "I'm flattered and honored. I know Amy would be too," Ronson remarked about Bey and Andre's cover.
"Back to Black" first appeared on Winehouse's 2006 album of the same title. On the new version, Andre handles the first half of the song, doing more singing than rapping this time, before the Queen Bey takes over the rest of it. The track appears on the deluxe edition of the soundtrack together with Jay-Z's "100$ Bill" and the ten other tracks featured in the album's standard edition.
Rock musician Jack White, who contributes the single "Love Is Blindness" on the soundtrack, is set to release its vinyl edition through his label Third Man Records. The vinyl edition, which comes "housed in glorious gatefold artwork," will contain three tracks more than the 14 tracks featured in the deluxe edition containing works from other top acts such as the Black Eyed Peas' will.i.am and Fergie a.k.a. Stacy Ferguson, Gotye, Emeli Sande, The Band Perry and The xx.
More Beyonce Knowles News
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip
- Taylor Swift's Alleged Groping Photo Leaks Despite Sealed by Judge
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic