Michael Jordan Marries Yvette Prieto, First Wedding Picture Arrives
Michael Jordan, 50, is a married man once again. The former basketball player tied the knot for a second time over the weekend at the Episcopal Church of Bethesda-by-the-Sea in Palm Beach, Florida. He wed his fiancee, 35-year-old former model Yvette Prieto.
The couple exchanged wedding vows in front of 300 guests Saturday, April 27. A picture has hit the web, showing them smiling from ear to ear as they had their first dance as a husband and a wife. It displays the groom looking sharp in a tux and the bride stunning in a white strapless mermaid gown.
According to Associated Press, she wore a French silk voile corseted sheer sheath gown by J'Aton Couture. It had handmade silk lace decorated with Swarovski crystals, and cascaded into a dramatic cathedral train with accents of a peacock-feathered design.
Candid pictures taken from the outside have come flooding the internet, showing eight bridesmaids wearing strapless lilac dresses making their way inside. In another picture, a number of people are seen holding white umbrellas supposedly to hide the bride before she entered the church.
Jordan's former Chicago Bulls teammate Scottie Pippen was spotted among the attendees along with NBA stars like Patrick Ewing, Toni Kukoc and Ron Harper. Ex-footballer Ahmad Rashad, pro golfer Tiger Woods and famous movie director Spike Lee were there as well.
A reception for 2,000 was later held at the Bear's Club, a luxurious private golf club where Jordan owns a house nearby. The guests were served with a 7-layer white rum wedding cake covered in white fondant and sugar crystals, and adorned with crystal brooches and the couples' monogram on top.
DJ MC Lyte, 18-piece band The Source, and singers K'Jon, Robin Thicke and Usher provided entertainment for those who came to congratulate the couple for their wedding. When the night came, fireworks lighted up the place as part of the celebration.
In exchange of wedding gifts, the couple asked donations be made to the James R. Jordan Foundation. The wedding flowers were donated to the Jupiter Medical Center.
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch
- The Internet Mocks Donald Trump for Sniffling and Drinking a Lot During Presidential Debate
- Listen to DNCE's New Single 'Body Moves'
- New 'Luke Cage' Trailer Reveals Surprise Cameos
- Jessica Simpson's Marriage in Trouble? She and Husband Reportedly 'Fighting Non-Stop' for Months
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Recap: Which Pairs Win Immunity in Face-Off Week?
- Rob Kardashian Tweets Kylie's Number as He Blasts His Family for Snubbing Blac Chyna
- Report: Drake Is Actually Gay and His Rihanna Romance Is Fake