Chris Brown's Father 'Really Didn't Want' Son and Rihanna 'Back Together'
Clinton Brown, Chris Brown's father, didn't think that Rihanna would be a good partner for his son. In a recent interview with New York Daily News, the 48-year-old father revealed that he "personally didn't want [Chris] and Rihanna back together."
"You have to have a balance in a relationship," Clinton said in the interview. "You have to have someone who is spontaneous and whimsical but you also have to have someone who is grounded and logical." He went on saying that he's afraid that the relationship would end up being a tragedy.
"I hate to use examples, but Michael Jackson, Whitney Houston and Amy Winehouse -mean I could go on and on!" he continued. "Is that a given -that you can't have fortune and fame without [death] being the end result?"
Although Clinton called Rihanna "beautiful," "exotic," and "successful," he'd like to see his son dating anyone else but the Barbadian singer. "I personally liked Jordin Sparks She's a wholesome young lady, very pretty," Clinton praised the "American Idol" winner who collaborated with his son in 2008's single "No Air".
Clinton also thought that Chris and Karrueche Tran made a good couple. "I liked [Karrueche] a lot. They seemed to get on terrifically. Whenever she was around me, the quiet, meek, accommodating, respectful image is what she portrayed," he said of the model whom Chris dated before he rekindled his romance with Rihanna in late 2012.
However, Clinton, who split from Chris' mom when the singer was six, didn't completely dislike Rihanna. He said that the 25-year-old songstress "would make a good mom" after changing "some of her antics." He added, "The party attitude would probably have to change. I don't think they would just whimsically and spontaneously have a child with them being in this mode. That's why I don't see it happening -but anything's possible, man."
More Chris Brown News
- New 'Bachelor in Paradise' Couple! Amanda Stanton and Robby Hayes Spotted on a Date
- Anne Hathaway Eyed to Replace Amy Schumer in Live-Action 'Barbie'
- 'Exhausted' Justin Bieber Cancels the Rest of 'Purpose' Tour Dates
- Rihanna Fuels Pregnancy Rumors With Bigger Boobs at 'Valerian' European Premiere
- ABC Sets Fall 2017 Premiere Dates for 'Grey's Anatomy', 'The Good Doctor' and More
- Ex-Wonder Girls Member Sun Mi to Release Second Solo Album in August
- Find Out Why Song Joong Ki Wants to Get Married Early
- Ariel Winter Flaunts Butt Tattoo on Snapchat