Opry Will Hold Public Funeral for George Jones on May 2
George Jones's funeral is planned to be held at the Grand Ole Opry House in Nashville, Tennessee on Thursday, May 2. Publicist Kirt Webster said in a statement that the funeral would start at 10 A.M. and be open to the public. Webster added, "George would have wanted his fans and friends everywhere to be able to come and pay their respects along with his family."
"Thanks to George's friends, fans, and loved ones for the outpouring of love at this terrible time. I love you all," said Jones' wife, Nancy Jones. She also informed that a private visitation for family, friends, and fellow performers was set for Wednesday evening, May 1. In lieu of flowers, the family asked that contributions be made to the Grand Ole Opry Trust Fund or the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum.
Jones had been a member of the Grand Ole Opry since 1956. On Saturday and Sunday, April 27 and 28, singers like Brad Paisley, Mel Tillis, Montgomery Gentry and Jason Crabb paid tribute to Jones by singing his songs and sharing their memories of him.
The country legend passed away at the age of 81 on Friday, April 26 at Vanderbilt University Medical Center. The country legend died after being hospitalized since April 18 for a fever and irregular blood pressure.
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic
- Selena Gomez Spotted Lip Syncing to The Weeknd's Songs at His Show in Toronto
- Orlando Bloom's Naked Photo Is Spread All Over Hollywood
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Reportedly Trying for Twins
- Kim Kardashian Is Jealous of Kourtney's Banging Bikini Body
- From Jail to Cannes! 'Hot Felon' Jeremy Meeks Partying With Nicki Minaj at amfAR Gala