Joss Whedon Teases New Characters in 'Avengers 2'
When attending the Hollywood premiere of "Iron Man 3" last Wednesday, April 24, director Joss Whedon shared a juicy detail on his upcoming project "The Avengers 2". The 48-year-old filmmaker revealed that fans would get to see two new characters in the film.
"I've been writing and meeting with actors and we're starting to storyboard, all the preliminary processes. This is the part where it's all still fun," Whedon told Yahoo! Movies. "I've got these two characters, two of my favourite characters from the comic book, a brother-sister act. They're in the movie."
Without further details of the new additions, fans are left to guess who the pair might be, leading to speculation that Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver may be the ones Whedon adds to the sequel to "The Avengers".
Before being featured as early members of the Avengers in the comics, the siblings, who are Magneto's twin children, first appear in the X-Men mythology as villains. Scarlet Witch, who wears wimple, has the power to cast hexes to manipulate probability. Her brother Quicksilver, meanwhile, is capable of moving and thinking at superhuman speeds.
If it is indeed true, the twin superheroes will then team up with Iron Man, Captain America, Hulk, Thor, Black Widow and Hawkeye.
The Marvel film will bring back original cast members, including Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, Mark Ruffalo, Chris Hemsworth, Scarlett Johansson and Jeremy Renner. It is planned to hit U.S. theaters on May 1, 2015.
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7