Adele to Release New Album in Mid-2014
A source has broken the good news that Adele is finally back to making music, spending time inside a London recording studio where she'll put herself in "lockdown mode" in the coming weeks. The 24-year-old singer is hard at work on her new album, finishing up several songs that will be included in her third album, eyeing a mid-2014 release for it.
"Four tracks are finished in terms of writing and she's now laying down preliminary vocals with backing music and singers," the source revealed. "The rest of the record will be done in LA. The feel is very much Adele going back to her roots, with some modern jazz and a couple of classic old songs."
After the big success of her James Bond movie theme "Skyfall", Adele chose to stay out of the limelight through much of her pregnancy and just resurfaced after giving birth. She made her comeback appearances on this year's Golden Globe Awards and in the Oscars where her hit song picked up an award, the first for any Bond theme song.
It's only been hours since news of her next album surfaced but it has already gotten into a mild controversy over speculations that Adele's new studio LP caused her record label mate Susan Boyle's forthcoming album to be pushed back to the latter part of 2014. However, a statement quickly posted on her Twitter page put the rumor mills to a halt, saying that the "Britain's Got Talent" alumna's new record "is in full flow" set for a "global release winter 2013".
More Adele News
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'