Eva Longoria 'Was Not Eating' and Got 'So Skinny' After Splitting From Tony Parker
Eva Longoria said that she got so skinny after getting divorced from ex-husband Tony Parker in 2011 because she could not eat. Stopping by "The Dr. Oz Show" on Friday, April 26, Longoria told Dr. Oz about her health condition during the tough moment in her life. "I was not eating. I was depressed. I was sad. My diet was coffee," she described her post-split eating habit.
Longoria, however, confessed that at that time she got more compliments from people around her because she "was so skinny." Longoria recalled, "People kept saying, 'You look amazing. Divorce agrees with you.' And I was like, 'I don't feel good. I have no energy.' I didn't know I was depressed. I mean, I knew it was a sad moment in my life, but I wouldn't categorize myself as depressed."
Although she got compliments, she felt that there was something wrong with her body. After her doctor administered a blood test for her, the test showed shocking results. "He said, 'It's as if somebody took a straw and sucked everything out of your body. You don't have any iron, and your liver's overacting.' It was like all these things were physically wrong with my body, so I had to saturate with vitamins and kind of get back on this track," Longoria explained her condition.
After the scary revelation, Longoria tried hard to stabilize her system and later she successfully gained back her normal weight. "For about three months, I did a really strict no-sugar diet, and I had more energy than I've ever had. My palate was different. Things tasted better," she said. "I cut out all sugar. Anything that turns into sugar is sugar. I love a soda, I'm not a chocolate candy person, but, I like pasta in anything," she added.
More Eva Longoria News
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?