NBC Renews 'Revolution', 'Grimm', 'Chicago Fire' and Two More
NBC has given new season orders to five dramas, "Revolution", "Grimm", "Chicago Fire", "Parenthood" and "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit". The renewals will bring freshmen "Revolution" and "Chicago Fire" back for season 2, "Grimm" for a third season, "Parenthood" for a fifth year, and the long-running "SVU" for a 15th season.
"On the verge of our 2013 fall scheduling decisions, we're pleased to renew five drama series that will be important to our new season line-up," said Jennifer Salke, president of NBC Entertainment, in a statement. "We're proud and very appreciative of all of the actors, producers, writers and directors who work so hard to deliver such high-quality work week in and week out."
She added, "These complex shows represent a broad range of genres and tones, and all of them stand out for us in a television landscape now filled with one-hour series. We're especially pleased to be renewing 'Revolution' and 'Chicago Fire' - two first-season successes - and there will be more returning series announcements made in the next couple of weeks."
Still awaiting NBC's decision on their future are other drama series such as "Hannibal", "Smash" and "Deception", as well as comedies, including "Community", "Whitney", "The New Normal" and "Go On". The network is expected to announce more renewals, several cancellations and some new pick-ups in the coming weeks.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce