NBC Renews 'Revolution', 'Grimm', 'Chicago Fire' and Two More
NBC has given new season orders to five dramas, "Revolution", "Grimm", "Chicago Fire", "Parenthood" and "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit". The renewals will bring freshmen "Revolution" and "Chicago Fire" back for season 2, "Grimm" for a third season, "Parenthood" for a fifth year, and the long-running "SVU" for a 15th season.
"On the verge of our 2013 fall scheduling decisions, we're pleased to renew five drama series that will be important to our new season line-up," said Jennifer Salke, president of NBC Entertainment, in a statement. "We're proud and very appreciative of all of the actors, producers, writers and directors who work so hard to deliver such high-quality work week in and week out."
She added, "These complex shows represent a broad range of genres and tones, and all of them stand out for us in a television landscape now filled with one-hour series. We're especially pleased to be renewing 'Revolution' and 'Chicago Fire' - two first-season successes - and there will be more returning series announcements made in the next couple of weeks."
Still awaiting NBC's decision on their future are other drama series such as "Hannibal", "Smash" and "Deception", as well as comedies, including "Community", "Whitney", "The New Normal" and "Go On". The network is expected to announce more renewals, several cancellations and some new pick-ups in the coming weeks.
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction
- Is Amber Rose Into a Woman Now? Model Sparks Rumors She's Hooking Up With Teyana Taylor
- Iggy Azalea's Brand New Single 'Mo Bounce' Released in Full
- Possible Leaked Concept Art of 'Deadpool 2' Features Brad Pitt as Cable
- Migos Channels Inner Rock Stars in 'What the Price' Music Video
- Adele Pays Emotional Tribute to London Terror Victims During Her Concert in New Zealand
- 'The Bachelorette' Six New Suitors Strip Down During Group Date on 'Ellen Show'