NBC Renews 'Revolution', 'Grimm', 'Chicago Fire' and Two More
NBC has given new season orders to five dramas, "Revolution", "Grimm", "Chicago Fire", "Parenthood" and "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit". The renewals will bring freshmen "Revolution" and "Chicago Fire" back for season 2, "Grimm" for a third season, "Parenthood" for a fifth year, and the long-running "SVU" for a 15th season.
"On the verge of our 2013 fall scheduling decisions, we're pleased to renew five drama series that will be important to our new season line-up," said Jennifer Salke, president of NBC Entertainment, in a statement. "We're proud and very appreciative of all of the actors, producers, writers and directors who work so hard to deliver such high-quality work week in and week out."
She added, "These complex shows represent a broad range of genres and tones, and all of them stand out for us in a television landscape now filled with one-hour series. We're especially pleased to be renewing 'Revolution' and 'Chicago Fire' - two first-season successes - and there will be more returning series announcements made in the next couple of weeks."
Still awaiting NBC's decision on their future are other drama series such as "Hannibal", "Smash" and "Deception", as well as comedies, including "Community", "Whitney", "The New Normal" and "Go On". The network is expected to announce more renewals, several cancellations and some new pick-ups in the coming weeks.
- 'The Bachelorette' Recap: Kenny Pitted Against Lee in Two-on-One Date
- Inside Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's Intimate Weekend in Toronto
- Erin Andrews Shares Marvelous Photos of 'Fairytale' Wedding to Jarret Stoll
- Calvin Harris Shares Track List of New Album, Teases New Video With Katy Perry and Pharrell
- Report: Chris Brown and Quavo's Feud Is Far From Over
- 'Marvel's Inhumans' Gets TV Premiere Date. See New Stunning Poster!
- 'Bachelor in Paradise': DeMario Details Wild Night With Corinne in First Interview Post-Scandal
- Remy Ma 'Ecstatic' After Breaking Nicki Minaj's Winning Streak at BET Awards