'Duck Dynasty' Finale Beats 'American Idol' in Ratings
"Duck Dynasty" third season finale, which follows the bearded men in Hawaii, gave A&E a big win on Wednesday, April 24. The one-hour episode lured in 9.6 million viewers, surpassing its own record of 8.6 million viewers in February. Drawing a 4.3 rating in the 18-49 demographic, the series outperformed "American Idol", which posted a 3.2 rating.
The "Duck Dynasty" season 3 ender set other A&E records with 5.6 million adults in the 25-54 demographic, 5.5 million adults in the 18-49 demo and 2.6 million adults in the 18-34 demo. The big numbers undoubtedly made the episode of the Robertson family series the most-watched telecast in A&E's history across all key ratings demos.
The season three of the show averaged 8.4 million total viewers and 4.8 million adults 18-49, which made it cable's top-rated series this year. AMC's "The Walking Dead" season three finale still topped the ratings chart with 12.4 million total viewers and 8.1 million viewers in the key 18-49 demographic.
The fourth season of the pro-hunting show is expected to start the production soon. Despite the dispute over salary, in which the Robertson family reportedly demanded $200,000 per episode, the new season is still slated to premiere later this year.
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!