Nicki Minaj to Make Acting Debut in Cameron Diaz' 'The Other Woman'
Nicki Minaj is confirmed to make a screen-starring debut in Nick Cassavete's upcoming film "The Other Woman (2014)". The outspoken "American Idol" judge, who is known for her outlandish costumes, cosmetics, and wigs, is tapped to play Cameron Diaz' opinionated assistant, who is onto her third marriage, at law firm.
The 20th Century Fox comedy centers on Diaz's character who finds out that her boyfriend, played by Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, is already married. Trying to get back at him, she allies herself with his wife and another mistress. Leslie Mann plays Waldau's spouse, while Kate Upton portrays the other woman of the Danish actor.
The revenge comedy, which reunites Cassavate with his "My Sister's Keeper" star Diaz, is produced by Julie Yorn and penned by Melissa Stack. The film will start shooting this May in New York.
Last November, Minaj voiced her interest in making her film debut. "I want to do something like a small action movie," she told E! News. The rapper, who has been in feud with Lil' Kim, once lent her voice in "Ice Age: Continental Drift". In the highest grossing animated film of 2012, she voiced Steffie, a mammoth who is the girlfriend of Drake's Ethan.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance