Nicki Minaj to Make Acting Debut in Cameron Diaz' 'The Other Woman'
Nicki Minaj is confirmed to make a screen-starring debut in Nick Cassavete's upcoming film "The Other Woman (2014)". The outspoken "American Idol" judge, who is known for her outlandish costumes, cosmetics, and wigs, is tapped to play Cameron Diaz' opinionated assistant, who is onto her third marriage, at law firm.
The 20th Century Fox comedy centers on Diaz's character who finds out that her boyfriend, played by Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, is already married. Trying to get back at him, she allies herself with his wife and another mistress. Leslie Mann plays Waldau's spouse, while Kate Upton portrays the other woman of the Danish actor.
The revenge comedy, which reunites Cassavate with his "My Sister's Keeper" star Diaz, is produced by Julie Yorn and penned by Melissa Stack. The film will start shooting this May in New York.
Last November, Minaj voiced her interest in making her film debut. "I want to do something like a small action movie," she told E! News. The rapper, who has been in feud with Lil' Kim, once lent her voice in "Ice Age: Continental Drift". In the highest grossing animated film of 2012, she voiced Steffie, a mammoth who is the girlfriend of Drake's Ethan.
- Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Selena Gomez, Metallica to Perform at 2016 Global Citizen Concert
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger