Mariah Carey Previews 'Beautiful' New Single Feat. Miguel
Following a series of tweets that pointed to a possible collaboration between Mariah Carey and Miguel, the 43-year-old diva finally confirmed the speculations as she posted on her YouTube page the sneak peak to her and the 27-year-old neo-soul singer's forthcoming collaboration duet. The hash-tagged single will arrive on May 6 as revealed in the Joseph Kahn-directed teaser.
"THE NEW ERA BEGINS HERE," Carey tweeted, same as the message placed toward the end of the short half-minute clip where the diva can be seen propped on a motorcycle with the rear view mirrors seen slightly hovering beneath her outstretched arm as her golden locks are being blown away. She then kicks off her heels before revealing the release date of her new single.
With the smashing new team-up with Miguel, Carey is showing the world that a Grammy Award-winning and already established global superstar such as herself can still adapt to changing times and keep up with the younger, more current set of R'n'B artists. Miguel even alluded to Carey being miles ahead of him in the music industry by admitting how he first "fell in love" with MC when she walked out of the pool in her 1997 "Honey" video.
Being one of the judges on "American Idol", she is expected to perform the new song live onstage of the singing competition leading up to the grand finale, just like what former judge Jennifer Lopez used to do a lot of in the two previous seasons where she served as a judge.
More Mariah Carey News
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video
- Harambe the Gorilla Shooting Sparks Outrage Among Hollywood Stars
- Brooklyn Beckham Flaunting His Abs in This Shirtless Selfie Will Make You Drool
- 'Game of Thrones': George R. R. Martin Reveals Brienne's Backstory