Melissa Gilbert Gets Married to Timothy Busfield
Three months after Melissa Gilbert and Timothy Busfield announced their engagement, the pair are officially married. Gilbert's representative confirmed to PEOPLE that the 48-year-old actress and Busfield exchanged vows "in a private ceremony at San Ysidro Ranch in Santa Barbara" on Wednesday, April 24.
Gilbert shared the happy news via Twitter. She thanked fans for the well wishes and posted a photo of her posing with Busfield in front of the beautiful scenery of the legendary ranch where she said "Lawrence Olivier and Vivian Leigh were married" and where "John and Jackie Kennedy honeymooned."
The marriage is the third for both Gilbert and Busfield. From her former marriages to Bo Brinkman and Bruce Boxleitner, the "Dancing With the Stars" alum has two kids, Dakota Paul Brinkman, and Michael Garrett Boxleitner. As for Busfield, the 55-year-old actor and director has Willy, Daisy, Samuel Busfield from his former marriages to Radha Delamarter and Jennifer Merwin.
Gilbert and Busfield secretly got engaged back in January. "They got engaged over the holidays," a pal told Us Weekly at that time. "They've known each other for quite some time, as their paths have crossed off-and-on over the past 20 years."
- Courteney Cox Regrets Having Plastic Surgery
- 'Jack Ryan' Series to Tackle ISIS in Season 1, John Krasinski Reveals
- Jennifer Lopez and Casper Smart Break Up Again!
- 'Nashville' Season 5 Gets Premiere Date at CMT
- Doug Liman Abandons 'Gambit' Movie, Will Now Direct 'Justice League Dark'
- Kylie Jenner Bounces Back After Suffering From Food Poisoning
- AFI Cancels 'Birth of a Nation' Screening Amid Nate Parker Rape Trial Controversy
- Britney Spears Reveals She 'Almost Drowned' in Hawaii