Jessica Simpson's Parents Officially Divorced After 34 Years of Marriage
Jessica Simpson's parents's marriage is officially over, as Joe and Tina Simpson finalized their divorce, TMZ has learned. Representatives for both parties as well as daughters Jessica and Ashlee Simpson had no comment on the news.
Joe and Tina Simpson publicly announced to end their marriage last October 2012. Citing "discord or conflict of personalities," Tina filed for divorce in McLennan County Texas in September. A representative for the family denied that the couple who had been married for 34 years wanted to part ways because Joe came out as gay.
"It is an amicable split and there is no third party involved," the representative said on October. "Any other related allegations are completely false. The family appreciates your respect for their privacy at this time."
Last year, Joe and Tina put their Encino, California estate for sale for $3.4 million. Tina later moved into a new home in Toluca Lake and she apparently enjoyed living a life without her husband. Another source claimed that Tina "seems so happy to be on her own. She loves her house in Toluca Lake!"
Joe and Tina got married in 1978. The pair were featured on their daughters' reality show, Jessica's "Newlyweds" and Ashlee's "The Ashlee Simpson Show".
- Amy Schumer Snogs Ben Hanisch on Kiss Cam During Mets Game
- Oh Boy! Harry Styles Rocks Three Different Looks for Another Man Magazine
- Taylor Lautner Says Britney Spears Tried to Set Him Up With Her Sister Jamie Lynn
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship