'Divergent' First Look: Shailene Woodley Becomes Knife-Throwing Target
The first look at Shailene Woodley as Beatrice "Tris" Prior in Neil Burger's upcoming film "Divergent" has been unveiled via Entertainment Weekly. In the newly-released image, Tris shows no fear even though she becomes a human target for knife throwers.
Based on Veronica Roth's best-selling novel of the same name, "Divergent" takes place in a near-future Chicago. The story is set in a dystopian future where society is divided up into five factions based on their personalities. Woodley's Tris learns that she doesn't belong in any of them, which are called Divergents.
"After I read the book, I was really profoundly moved, and it's really metaphorical for things that are going on today, specifically things that I'm passionate about and things that I want to make public and things that I want to educate people on," Woodley told MTV News.
She added, "So I think it's a really great platform, not only artistically but also from a human level just to expose these kind of messy, nasty things that are going on in our country."
Summit Entertainment bought the rights to film an adaptation of the novel. In addition to Woodley, the cast ensemble includes Kate Winslet, Maggie Q, Jai Courtney, Miles Teller, Tony Goldwyn and Ansel Elgort. It is slated to hit U.S. theaters on March 21, 2014.
- Kim Ji Won Reveals She's Jealous of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo
- Kris Jenner Is Planning to Send Rob Kardashian to Psych Ward
- Miley Cyrus and Jennifer Hudson Are Feuding on 'The Voice'
- Blac Chyna Parties With Lamar Odom and Tyga
- Girls' Generation's Yuri Injures Her Leg During SM Town Show
- Ten Times Chrissy Teigen Trolls Donald Trump on Twitter
- Yolanda Hadid Who? David Foster Enjoys Romantic Italy Getaway With Elizabeth Hurley
- 'The Star' First Teaser Trailer Tells the Story of Christmas From Different Perspective