Gwyneth Paltrow Is 'Embarrassed' but 'Happy' to Be World's Most Beautiful Woman
Gwyneth Paltrow has a mixed feeling about being crowned World's Most Beautiful Woman by People magazine. Met at the Hollywood premiere of "Iron Man 3", the actress who plays Tony Stark's love interest Pepper Potts admitted that she's "so embarrassed," yet "so happy" about it.
"It's so weird," the blonde beauty, who hit the red carpet of the April 24 event in an Antonio Berardi sheer-panel dress which highlighted her slim figure, continued telling E! News. "It's crazy. It's very sweet. I'm so flattered. I'm thrilled."
Paltrow's co-star Robert Downey Jr. also commented on the honor. "I'm just very happy for her," the actor said. "It's fleeting and you want to take all that glam stuff while you can."
The 40-year-old mother of two told People, "I honestly thought someone was playing a joke on me," about her reaction when she first learned the news. She recalled, "I had to reread the e-mail three times. I was like, 'This can't be true, I've developed dyslexia -I'm not reading this right.' It's a very iconic cover in American culture, so it's just amazing."
More Gwyneth Paltrow News
- 'KUWTK' Returns for Another Season as 'Life of Kylie' Ends Up Being a Flop
- 'Downtown Abbey' Movie Is in the Works
- Rob Kardashian Is Lawyering Up Against Blac Chyna
- Angelina Jolie and Charlize Theron Are Feuding Over 'Bride of Frankenstein' Role
- Nick Jonas to Embrace 'Positivity' in His New Album
- 'Glee' Star Charice Pempengco Changes Name to Jake Zyrus. Is She Transitioning?
- Girls Lined Up to Give Tom Cruise Blow Job on Set of 'Risky Business', Co-Star Reveals
- Courtney Stodden Strips Down to Tiny Underwear to Perform Striptease