Gwyneth Paltrow Is 'Embarrassed' but 'Happy' to Be World's Most Beautiful Woman
Gwyneth Paltrow has a mixed feeling about being crowned World's Most Beautiful Woman by People magazine. Met at the Hollywood premiere of "Iron Man 3", the actress who plays Tony Stark's love interest Pepper Potts admitted that she's "so embarrassed," yet "so happy" about it.
"It's so weird," the blonde beauty, who hit the red carpet of the April 24 event in an Antonio Berardi sheer-panel dress which highlighted her slim figure, continued telling E! News. "It's crazy. It's very sweet. I'm so flattered. I'm thrilled."
Paltrow's co-star Robert Downey Jr. also commented on the honor. "I'm just very happy for her," the actor said. "It's fleeting and you want to take all that glam stuff while you can."
The 40-year-old mother of two told People, "I honestly thought someone was playing a joke on me," about her reaction when she first learned the news. She recalled, "I had to reread the e-mail three times. I was like, 'This can't be true, I've developed dyslexia -I'm not reading this right.' It's a very iconic cover in American culture, so it's just amazing."
More Gwyneth Paltrow News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival