Channing Tatum and Joseph Gordon-Levitt Eyed to Star in 'Guys and Dolls' Remake
As soon as the acquisition of the film rights is finalized, 20th Century Fox has kept two names in mind to lead "Guys and Dolls", a remake of the 1995 musical classic. It is reported that Channing Tatum and Joseph Gordon-Levitt are expected to nab the roles that Marlon Brando and Frank Sinatra perfectly played.
The Joseph L. Mankiewicz-directed musical, which was released on November 3, 1955, centers on Sinatra's Nathan Detroit, who bets that Brando's Sky Masterson can convince the wholesome missionary Sarah Brown to come to Havana, Cuba with him. Jean Simmons played Sarah.
Though no official offer has been made yet, the two actors are reportedly interested in taking parts in the remake. Up to now, no writer or director has been attached to the project yet.
Tatum and Levitt have previously showcased their musical talents at this year's Academy Awards. The duo has also appeared together in several films, including Stephen Sommers' "G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra", Kimberly Peirce's "Stop-Loss", and Barbara Kopple's "Havoc".
Tatum, who is married to actress Jenna Dewan, will next be seen in Roland Emmerich's "White House Down", which co-stars Jamie Foxx and is released on June 28 in the United States. Meanwhile, Levitt's upcoming film "Don Jon" will hit U.S. theaters on October 28.
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns
- Corey Gamble Reportedly Cheats on Kris Jenner With Kourtney Kardashian - Is It True?
- She's Scarily Skinny! Janice Dickinson Looks Thinner Amid Health Crisis
- Drake Blocks Ariana Grande and Blake Shelton From Billboard 200's No. 1
- Bella Hadid Flaunts Ample Cleavage in Racy Bikini. See the Pic!
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Cradle Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Baby During Brunch