Guillermo del Toro Developing 'Monster' for HBO
Guillermo del Toro is going to bring "Monster" to HBO. The acclaimed filmmaker has sealed a deal to adapt the Japanese Manga by author Naoki Urasawa into a TV show for the premium cable channel.
The comic book series follows a brilliant young doctor who unwittingly unleashes a pandora's box when he decided to save a dying 12-year-old boy. The doctor now searches for the boy, who has become most evil sociopath that has ever lived, to stop a plot of mass genocide.
The young adult series was first published in Japan in 1995 and was translated for distribution in the U.S. about a decade later. The thriller was initially planned to be adapted into a feature film at New Line.
del Toro will executive produce the potential series and write the pilot with Steven Thompson. The "Pacific Rim" helmer is additionally expected to direct the pilot.
- Find Out What Ji Chang Wook Wants to Achieve Before Military Enlistment
- Backstreet Boys to Reunite With Florida Georgia Line for 'CMT Crossroads'
- Justin Bieber: Out-of-Work Crew Are Not My Responsibility
- Shia LaBeouf and Mia Goth Are on the Verge of Divorce
- Does Kim Know? Kanye West Caught Leaving Studio With Nearly Naked Woman
- Six Shortest Celebrity Marriages
- Dating for Nine Months, Drew Barrymore Is Set to Wed for the Fourth Time
- So Cool! Watch Lee Joon Gi Do His Own Dangerous Stunt for 'Criminal Minds'