Guillermo del Toro Developing 'Monster' for HBO
Guillermo del Toro is going to bring "Monster" to HBO. The acclaimed filmmaker has sealed a deal to adapt the Japanese Manga by author Naoki Urasawa into a TV show for the premium cable channel.
The comic book series follows a brilliant young doctor who unwittingly unleashes a pandora's box when he decided to save a dying 12-year-old boy. The doctor now searches for the boy, who has become most evil sociopath that has ever lived, to stop a plot of mass genocide.
The young adult series was first published in Japan in 1995 and was translated for distribution in the U.S. about a decade later. The thriller was initially planned to be adapted into a feature film at New Line.
del Toro will executive produce the potential series and write the pilot with Steven Thompson. The "Pacific Rim" helmer is additionally expected to direct the pilot.
More Monster News
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked