Guillermo del Toro Developing 'Monster' for HBO
Guillermo del Toro is going to bring "Monster" to HBO. The acclaimed filmmaker has sealed a deal to adapt the Japanese Manga by author Naoki Urasawa into a TV show for the premium cable channel.
The comic book series follows a brilliant young doctor who unwittingly unleashes a pandora's box when he decided to save a dying 12-year-old boy. The doctor now searches for the boy, who has become most evil sociopath that has ever lived, to stop a plot of mass genocide.
The young adult series was first published in Japan in 1995 and was translated for distribution in the U.S. about a decade later. The thriller was initially planned to be adapted into a feature film at New Line.
del Toro will executive produce the potential series and write the pilot with Steven Thompson. The "Pacific Rim" helmer is additionally expected to direct the pilot.
More Monster News
- Stephen Baldwin Not Fan of Alec Baldwin's Donald Trump Impersonation on 'SNL'
- Kanye West Rips Jay-Z in Shocking Rant: 'There Will Never Be a Watch the Throne 2'
- 'Logan' Introduces X-23 in Official Teaser Trailer
- Watch This Chilling Video of Kim Kardashian Paris Robbery!
- Brad Pitt Finally Meets Son Maddox Since Plane Fight
- Uh-Oh! Blac Chyna Is Pissed Tyga and Kylie Jenner Stole Her Idea for King Cairo's Birthday Party
- Kim Kardashian's 'Not Doing Great' as She Reportedly Builds Panic Room After Paris Robbery
- Playboy Model Katie May Died Due to Fatal Injury Caused by Chiropractor, Coroner Confirms