Guillermo del Toro Developing 'Monster' for HBO
Guillermo del Toro is going to bring "Monster" to HBO. The acclaimed filmmaker has sealed a deal to adapt the Japanese Manga by author Naoki Urasawa into a TV show for the premium cable channel.
The comic book series follows a brilliant young doctor who unwittingly unleashes a pandora's box when he decided to save a dying 12-year-old boy. The doctor now searches for the boy, who has become most evil sociopath that has ever lived, to stop a plot of mass genocide.
The young adult series was first published in Japan in 1995 and was translated for distribution in the U.S. about a decade later. The thriller was initially planned to be adapted into a feature film at New Line.
del Toro will executive produce the potential series and write the pilot with Steven Thompson. The "Pacific Rim" helmer is additionally expected to direct the pilot.
More Monster News
- New 'Finding Dory' Trailer: Meet the Younger Version of Dory
- Teen Choice Awards 2016: Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber Lead Music Nominees
- Is Nicki Minaj the Reason Drake Can't Fully Commit to Rihanna?
- Teen Choice Awards 2016: 'Pretty Little Liars' and 'Vampire Diaries' Dominate TV Nominations
- Kim Kardashian Celebrates 2nd Wedding Anniversary With Kanye West in Italy
- Jason Derulo Splits From Girlfriend Daphne Joy
- Twitter Users Are Begging Marvel to Give Captain America a Boyfriend
- Amy Schumer Blasts Body Shaming 'Trolls': 'I Think I Look Strong and Healthy'