Guillermo del Toro Developing 'Monster' for HBO
Guillermo del Toro is going to bring "Monster" to HBO. The acclaimed filmmaker has sealed a deal to adapt the Japanese Manga by author Naoki Urasawa into a TV show for the premium cable channel.
The comic book series follows a brilliant young doctor who unwittingly unleashes a pandora's box when he decided to save a dying 12-year-old boy. The doctor now searches for the boy, who has become most evil sociopath that has ever lived, to stop a plot of mass genocide.
The young adult series was first published in Japan in 1995 and was translated for distribution in the U.S. about a decade later. The thriller was initially planned to be adapted into a feature film at New Line.
del Toro will executive produce the potential series and write the pilot with Steven Thompson. The "Pacific Rim" helmer is additionally expected to direct the pilot.
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic
- Selena Gomez Spotted Lip Syncing to The Weeknd's Songs at His Show in Toronto
- Orlando Bloom's Naked Photo Is Spread All Over Hollywood
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Reportedly Trying for Twins
- Kim Kardashian Is Jealous of Kourtney's Banging Bikini Body
- From Jail to Cannes! 'Hot Felon' Jeremy Meeks Partying With Nicki Minaj at amfAR Gala