Reese Witherspoon and Jim Toth Resume Working After Arrest
Reese Witherspoon and her talent agent husband Jim Toth returned to work after they experienced "embarrassing" arrest last Friday, April 19. In a picture obtained by X17Online (via TMZ), the "This Means War" actress was seen all smiles as she stepped out of a car in Los Angeles on Wednesday.
Jim was seen near his office building in Los Angeles on Wednesday morning as he was going to work. He wore a gray suit, a blue and white checkered shirt and a tie. In addition, he held a notepad and a bottle of smoothie when he entered the building.
On Friday, Jim was ordered to pull over after the car he drove was not staying on its lane and was booked for DUI. Reese, who felt agitated seeing her husband was put under arrest, went out of the car and did not oblige the officers' order to go back to the vehicle. As a consequence, she got arrested for disorderly conduct.
Reese allegedly played her celebrity card when she was placed under arrest. According to police report, "Mrs. Witherspoon asked, 'Do you know my name?' I answered, 'No, I don't need to know your name.' I then added, 'right now.' Mrs. Witherspoon stated, 'You're about to find out who I am.' "
The actress later said in a statement that she "had one drink too many" and was "deeply embarrassed" at what she said to the police officer. "It was definitely a scary situation and I was frightened for my husband, but that is no excuse. I was disrespectful to the officer who was just doing his job. The words I used that night definitely do not reflect who I am. I have nothing but respect for the police and I'm very sorry for my behavior," Reese stated.
- Gisele Bundchen Gets Shirtless Assistant Taking Care of Her Booty During Photo Shoot
- Beyonce Remembers Aaliyah 15 Years Later With Sweet Throwback Video
- Chris Evans' Steve Rogers Is No Longer Captain America in MCU, Russo Brothers Confirm
- 'Blade Runner 2' Set Collapses, Kills Construction Worker
- Scott Eastwood Makes Emotional Phone Call to Father of His Ex Who Died in Car Crash
- Snoop Dogg and Wiz Khalifa Sued by Victims of Collapsed Railing at Their Concert
- Homeland Security on the Hunt for Those Who Hacked Leslie Jones' Website
- Check Out Christina Grimmie's Third Posthumous Music Video for 'Deception'