Todd Harrell Enters Rehab After Being Arrested for Fatal DUI Crash
After spending several days in jail and was released on $100,000 bond on Tuesday, April 23, Todd Harrell tried to find a way to treat his addiction issues. Harrell's lawyer, Ed Ryan confirmed on Wednesday, April 24 that his client "immediately went and checked himself into [drug] treatment."
Ryan refused to tell public where the bassist of rock band 3 Doors Down would be treated, but he assured public that Harrell voluntarily admitted himself into a rehab facility, and it wasn't a court-ordered. Ryan also declined to comment further, saying that he just started working on the case.
Last weekend, Harrell was arrested following a fatal DUI crash which killed a 47-year-old man, Paul Howard Shoulders Jr. He was reportedly drunk and speeding when his car clipped Shoulder's pickup truck. The 41-year-old rocker admitted that he drank hard cider and consumed Lortab and Xanax prior to the crash.
In addition to being charged with vehicular homicide by intoxication, Harrell was charged with bringing controlled substances into the jail after police discovered 8 Xanax pills along with 24 Oxycodone and 4 Oxymorphone pills in a plastic bag inside Harrell's sock.
On Monday, 3 Doors Down reportedly canceled its four upcoming appearance in April and May out of respect for Shoulders and his family. The band wrote on its official website that it "will resume touring May 31 in Moscow, and return to the U.S. for scheduled dates in July."
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris